I cannot believe how functional I feel for only two or three hours sleep that I got last night. It was a weird night for me I don't know if it was the storm going on outside blowing cooler than normal air our usual air and on me or the fact that I woke up with a bladder with felt like it was pretty full and I had to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to cath myself. I just couldn't find the hole to put the catheter in. And all this time I was also concerned about how late it was and how to sleep I was getting and if I would miss my wake up time. It's Sunday of course which means it's restaurant breakfast day with the kids. I was really afraid that I was going to sleep right through the time I needed to get up and then that just cycled with the worry that I would get but eventually I was able to drain my bladder enough to kind of get back to sleep or near sleep for a 2 hours or so before it was time to get up and get dressed. I'm more than made the time and like I said I've been fairly functional all day. I've been yawning a little bit but even then not as much as I would have thought I would be at this point. At one point in time in the afternoon I got a little drowsy while watching one of my Marvel movies and I slept through maybe 20 minutes perhaps. Which was really cool was that this evening going to my back room getting ready to blog I checked my Reddit account and there was a very interesting chat about quadriplegics in there methodology and timing for catheterizing themselves. Especially spent a good amount of time giving ideas and their methods for sleeping through the night or trying to or how they did it. I was somewhat relieved to find out my methodology of starving myself water wise couple hours before I go to bed might help in sleeping through the night. I think I've shared the issue that I've, for some reason, the last couple days I've been having to wake up to pee at some point in time during the night and I'd gone three or four months without having to pee during the night at all and actually getting some fairly decent sleep. Perhaps it's cyclic I don't know but once again from what the other spinal cord injuries are sharing I'm right there with everybody else and a lot of other people are just waking up once or twice during the night every night the catheterize. Totally how useful that chat was for me every once in awhile I luck out.
My granddaughter and grandson-in-law ( is that an appropriate term?) Came over to the apartment following breakfast this morning. They just returned from 2 weeks at St George I missed them quite a bit. Anyway they came over to work on my door to transition from Summer to Autumn and whatever else I might need. They cleaned the kitchen swept the floors in Jackson work on the lamp on my bed stand that hasn't functioned for two or three months and you got it going. I am just so fortunate…
No comments:
Post a Comment