Saturday, April 09, 2005

Lost Saturday


Saturday Duty Posted by Hello

Family Links Saturday

I had Family Links Conference today. Cecilia did the first half of the day and I relieved her at noon and finished out the day. Intense meet and greet major smiling but fairly easy duty and the best part will be hours earned or the next week which means I will be able to take off early next week sometime. Usually on Friday afternoon if I can get away with it. I like to stretch the weekend when I can. I like these conferences too because I can spend time with colleagues and find out what is new and happening in the community. We had better crowds then expected. The weather is poor today, gray, wet and cold. So, lots of families who other wise would be out enjoying a spring day were driven indoors to the conference.

We are considered vendors so we’re relegated it in the “Vendors Hall”; a place where anyone who thinks they can make a buck of families of kids with disabilities shows up. Everything from easy read books “Learn sign language” DVDs. It is sort of a carnival atmosphere. Every table has piles and bowls of candy the equivalent to the old guy with striped shirts and panama hats at the circus who would hook people into their sideshows. I was lucky at this conference: usually I am sitting by someone with a VCR running an endless tape of the wonders of what ever they are trying the hawk. Some form of chicken was served for lunch. All in all it was not bad. I am glad to be home though and am ready for my evening. Tomorrow, I’ll introduce to out new dog, Maizey.

No comments: