Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Under The Gun


Quarterly Stats

Today is Board meeting; a point of fairly high stress for me. Though, I am no longer manager for my little office of 1 ½ people I still have the responsibilities and guilt of this small quasi-State operation. My quality id OK but the quantity is I question, at least with me. The day of accounting is today and I have been putting together stats and other items the board(who ever shows up) need to feel they are getting their dollars worth. The meeting will come and go. Those who show up will listen maker a comment or two and leave and that will be it…I hope. This is routine but never feels routine to me. I have to lead the meeting. I have to bring it off. This will pass.

The meeting did pass, just one of the board members. I don’t know whether to be relived or angry. Either way the meeting is over and I AM STILL HERE! I do not now why that is so amazing but it it is to me. The meeting was short and we stressed a lot of budgetary items, which should produce better equipment for this office in the not so distant future. I now must cobble some minutes from the meeting and mail them out to those who did and did not attend. I always vow to do better by the next meeting and so I am vowing now…better reports, more documentation and a higher frequency of calls. I suppose the goal is to produce a report, which is so extensive that it will take those attending, the rest of the meeting, to figure the report out. But now, I can breath a sigh of relief…The next meeting is July 5th. I have time to cruise.

No comments: