Sunday, July 29, 2007

Filler 'er Up.

My gas gage is messed up and for some reason the gage is showing more gas in the tank then I think there can be. Sundays is the day I usually load up in the van and drive over to Sam's Club and do the job. I have the attendant trained at Sam's which has taken me months to accomplish. Now when I drive in and he sees me he will wonder out to the van and he will take my cards and pump my gas.

Today was no different. I pull in an he comes out, we greet I exchange my cards and he pumps. He did not take as long to fill my tank as usual but I don't know how many gallons he pumped but my indicator show that the gas tank was filled to the top. He usually hands me my receipt and I drive away. But not this time. I have no Idea. I waited for a second, I even called after the attendant but he did not seem to hear, he just walked away. I sat there thought about the heat and I just wanted to get back to the house so I left. The tank was full, my card paid for the purchase and knowing the price of the transaction would not make any difference in the end, so I left.

The Russians are here and I will be using my van more then usual this week so I wanted to be sure I had the gas I needed without having to take time from my week to stop and have it pumped. I have dinners and events scattered out all though the week. My boss returns from vacation tomorrow and the office seems to be in fairly good shape. No traumas to report, but I am just a little bit nervous about how she will handle my being gone as much as I am going to be. I'll try to get images when I can get them.

No comments: