Tuesday, July 03, 2007

To Swim Or Not Swim

It's hot, but not that hot. I went out this morning to get the last items taken care of before we leave on our trip to Boise tomorrow or day after. I topped off with gas, I got a half a tank and it cost about$56.00. I actually found gas under $3.00. I was able to get the petrol for $2.95 a gallon. I smashed my controls on my power wheelchair and I had to go into the wheelchair van conversion shop Mobility Solutions and lucky for me Justin and company were still in. I got to the shop about 11:0p am, and the guys were there and they replaced my switch,= $53.00. I am getting the feeling this weekend is going to be much more expensive then I thought It was going to be. But Oh well, families are expensive.

My days out from the office have not been a total loss. I have been able to assist Dianne a bit round the house and out in the yard. Last night we actually worked in the backyard, I down loaded the van of the wood chip mulch I picked up at Lowe's earlier in the day. Five large sacks. We also collected pine cones which have dropped from our trees in the backyard. We actually loaded the empty sacks which we were left with after we dumped the mulch out on the garden. We stuffed the five sacks with pine cones and needles and dumped them in the bins for today's collection. Dianne is taking a nap now then we'll explore the possibility of hitting a local pool. I am curious as to the pool's accessibility. I am also curious to the publics reaction to my whaleness. I think I am huge and have not swam in public for a number of years now. I need to swim though, swimming is really the best and most holistic exercise I can do and I am really serious about loosing weight and therefore being more healthy, I must swim. Actually, I love to swim and I have always swam. I swam a lot after my accident maybe because swimming is the only time I feel my disability greatly reduced. I am able to get the weight off my butt and exercise my legs to some degree. I am actually able to walk in water, not well, and very slowly but my legs bare my weight and I can move round freely. What is really nice is I can close dance in water—pretty cool. I am going swimming today because the weather is so hot. Its a classic western dry heat. The wind is blowing and feels like being infront of a huge hair dryer of being in a huge dryer when you open the door. So I feel I can swim and then get out and not be cold or risk getting ill. Getting ill is the main reason I don't swim during the winter. I always feels at risk when I leave the hot pool and go out into the often freezing cold. Today I shall not have to worry about this. I am going to get wet before this day's end.

No comments: