Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Challenge Time



 The challenges never stop.  I was actually in a pretty good mood this morning upon waking. it was earlier than I anticipated, the time that I walk and could not get back to sleep, but still I was pretty excited about having a day to myself. no commitments nothing to really leave the apartment about just working on the apartment itself. I was also excited about working with my friend Duane, who indicated he would help me get my printer are a color printer. I transferred into my chair no issues, started the coffee and then did my morning routine ending of course being dressed. Then without warning the left arm of my chair fell off.

 The arm is attached to the chair  by a mechanism, a button that when pushed detaches the arm from the chair when it works. Somehow I have destroyed this as I do everything. I have broken the mechanism. The part  fell  completely off.  I think I was kind of in shock. I scooped up the arm put it in my lap I'm just sort of rolled around my apartment aimlessly knowing what I had to do was too Saddle Up and head into town to Alpine Medical.  I called the resident advisor comma Jimmy who came down and messed with my car in a little bit and sort of got it to stay on but it was not going to stay and I had to get into the shop to see if anything could be done , all I know was that it was going to be a long holiday weekend if not longer.

 I was kind of proud of myself I rolled out and got to the bus stop and into town at good speed. I know they weren't happy to see me rollin to Alpine especially since they're really big on making appointments. Mario  is the head technician there at Alpine Medical. I have developed a respect for this guy over the years that I've had to work with him. I don't know how good he is about pulling rabbits out of hats but so far is that okay with me.Mario looked at the arm and at the damage and agreed there was nothing that could really be done a side from ordering new parts which is really going to be time-consuming and expensive . However Mario cinched the  arm back into place on the frame of the chair.  A  temporary fix,  at best,and will greatly limit my ability to rome over the next couple days  if not weeks if he can push chair repair. Now the case I will be without my power chair which means I'm going to have to really focus on using my manual chair which kind of freaks me out.

 I was ready for a holiday-- not another challenge but looks like challenge it will be, not to say anything about the challenge of cost, already the estimate is closing in on two thousand dollars!!!!

Can any one say "Thanksgiving "?

No comments: