Sunday, November 20, 2016

Turn Up The Heat





I like to cook, in I love to cook. I really have not been able to cook since stenosis 1 and I really missed the experience. I don't know what I like about cooking so much perhaps it's the concept of creation and sometimes when you make something other folks like that is filling as well. I don't have a big repertoire just things lik bread, egg foo young, breakfast many different variations, cookies you know the usual. I like putting all the ingredients together and having The mixture come out something delightful.


The kitchen I have here at my new apartment is sort of kind of wheelchair accessible. Everything is lowered and that's about it. Don't get me wrong I'm totally thankful for this kitchen, granted electric cooking Versus gas and my gas range I could totally roll underneath it to do some real serious.. So I have to approach this electric range from the one But cooking with the electric range is doable just l not as aesthetic is gas.

The sink is pretty much the same situation. However,, I did get management to remove the wooden guard plate underneath the sink which allows me to get further underneath the sink in my power chair.. This certainly makes doing dishes much more bearable.. Again, aesthetics suffer for access at least in my case..


But I really miss is the lowered counterspace/work area. Dianne had installed the six-inch line of counterspace lowered for real charities – – it was wonderful. I have been really not cooking much just because of the limited surface space and lack of really accessible work area. However, my brother Carl fashioned me a piece of whether the handle which allows me to turn the only drawer in my kitchen, Usable working space. Last night I made meatloaf, to cook today, and the pullout work area is perfect for me to enjoy prepping ingredients for the meatloaf a piece of cake. And speaking of cake I will now have a wonderful area to mix of cake I'm pretty excited.


Yesterday,, I was actually making breakfast. It was a Saturday breakfast kind of like Cheerios, milk, Banana and of course toast.. I recently restored toaster oven I brought over from t Utahna house. I have used the toaster almost 20 years and it was pretty hammered an crusted. I was going to throw it away.. But when the toaster oven donated me by my manager here Begin to disintegrate I pulled my red toaster of an out the garbage and spiffed it up. Actually, now I love the toaster,, and everything works especially the toaster part. Anyway yesterday morning I was toasting my bread and all the sudden great screeching and foreign sounding and lights flashing began. I of course, I of course was startled but I figured Wow a fire drill!I opened the door rolled out into the hall and then realized the chaos of noise was coming from my apartment alone. I set off the fire on! I was bummed out thinking that every time I wanted to cook I was in set off the fire alarm. When the alarm goes off, I must contact the resident assistant (R A) and then comes around and shuts off the line.

Donna and Jimmy are my resident advisers. Donna turned off the alarm and assured me what happened was normal and that I should not be embarrassed or weirded out in any way.. I just need to open the outside door a crack when I cook.


Thankfully,, unlike the fire alarm at my Utahna house, this alarm does not go to the fire department. I'm cooking again like I mean kind of fun fire alarms and all.

No comments: