Thursday, November 17, 2016

Options


It seems like there is always something I'm trying to be worried about. Don't know why but that seems to be the norm now. Perhaps I nee the tension, stress or focus get through the day.

I have known for a couple of weeks,, ever since my chair started actively falling apart, that I'm going to have to get some attention paid to the device which means that I'm going to have to give up the chair for however long it's going to take to do the repairs. Well this became a reality this week when I went into Alpine to have chair appraised . I think Alpine's technicians have become sensitive Become sensitive to the problem of having to give up your primary means of mobility for however long it takes to repair. So now they tend to want to get all their ducks in a row so that when the time for repair does comeyou are without your care the least amount of time possible. They quoted me three days I would be without my chair.This seems like an eternity and quite frankly scares the hell out o me sort of. They have even suggested that I could use a loaner chair during the time of repair. However I have learned from experience the care they usually supply is a real dog and actually very painful to use for extended period of time i.e. three days.

I've become quite dependent on my power chair. I've never been this dependence on the power chair at any point in my life. Before I used by manual care at home, pretty much, and power chair I used to get back and forth to work and to use during the day. I was strong then I could transfer into and out of my chair and back again. I had my room set up so I could make these transfers safely. My left side is much weaker now, plus since the operations. When I was in rehab I kind of worked at using the manual chair. I could push my manual care okay but transferring was an issue. I should've been working on ttransferring the last couple months but I have not. I have once again become reliant on my power chair… It's just easier. Now,, I need to really look at getting back in using my manual chair.. I'm going to have to use a manual chair I think over the three days of power chair repair. If I can get a power chair, as a loner, with enough mass that I can use it to block my manual chair during the transfers this might work. I have a power chair but it's at the house and I don't know I don't know the status of any of that material. Even though I cannot use the power chair for transportation I might be able to use it to block the manual chair during transfers. I also have the option… Maybe, to see if the resident advisor here at Plymouth View might even come by just make sure a transfer okay.. He gets up around 430 or 5 AM which would work for me. It's option it just might work for that period of time.

Once again, I feel so fortunate,, to have options. Options are gold spend them wisely

No comments: