Saturday, November 19, 2016

Youngest


I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I'm the youngest person in this apartment complex in I'm 65. Granted,, I knew this was a senior living apartment complex when I moved in but I didn't realize just how senior this project is. You pretty much have to be independent to live here but many folks myself included have home health professionals coming in to assist off and on throughout the week. What's interesting though is that I find myself looking for somebody who looks like me when I roll around the facility and take part in some of the events the facility offers. I wonder just how similar these feelings are the folks of color are minorities. When they live in such a white culture as Salt Lake/Utah and they don't see anyone who looks like them. It's not like I dislike my neighbors and fellow apartment residents it's just that they are so much senior than I that I find myself listening to them out of respect and supporting them in their discussions as opposed to having anything, with me. I don't know if that makes any sense but a good case in point is Sandra (the name is changed for whatever reason) Sondra is a first-generation German Sandra is really nice . A fourth Sandra's right foot has been and continue and she has a great deal of phantom pain.. Many days she sits in a four-year that I have to pass exit the building to get on my way.. I always stop and visit with her dog but I know that doing so will basically rehash many of our already had conversations. I would just as soon not have to repeat some of those conversations. I stop and visit we have a bit of a conversation and then I'm on my way. I feel for her truly do but I just can only spend so much time rehashing.


Jimmy And his wife Donna are what is called resident advisors. They are folk set aside by the property owners as people who can help you when you have problems.. Today washing clothes when Jimmy came in to watch. More often than not Jimmy wears tie-dyed clothes, he has fairly long hair (almost down to the shoulders) and a fine beard.. In fact I understand he plays Santa Claus for a number of buildings is property management program owns. Jim is a nice guy,, he's very good with his hands, can fix almost anything seems to help everyone. Jimmy's two years and I – – so I need to refine my statement that perhaps I'm not the youngest person residing here. But then again Jimmy's almost management. But I feel myself being pulled towards Jimmy more and more. Is someone close to my ag and I can tell we have quite a few things in common. I suppose this is what I'm talking about a wish there were more residents like Jimmy here. Now I just have to be careful but I don't wear him out.

No comments: