Sunday, November 13, 2016

Nothing Else Better To Do



It's Sunday afternoon and I'm waiting for my clothes to dry. I feel fortunate because this place and living has really nice laundry facilities. They have a laundry facility on each floor: three washers and three dryers. The cost of the license $.75 or three quarters which is the same for the dryers. The drawback on the dryers is that it's $.75 for hire along the dryers run. In some laundromats I've used over the years you could pay for the length of dryers use that you want 10 sense of value a few extra minutes or $.25 or whatever. This is $.75 if it's not dry then you're in for another $.75. However I must admit I can usually get the message done with one go round of $.75.

Last week I broke one of the dryers or the door to the dryer I was using. I used my hook to pry the door open and broke the plastic handhold to uphold the door open. I ended up pulling the plastic and hold completely out of the door on the upside with the plastic device gone I can get my fingers in far enough to pull the door open. I of course reported the issue and they were very generous and forgiving in this week the door and then fixed the handhold replaced and the device almost inaccessible to me how ever I was much more careful this time around when using my device to open the door.


The first floor laundry is Just down from the foyer to the front door. There are a number of very nice chairs and sofas in this area and is a gathering place for many of the apartment residents to gather after walking their dogs. I have not mentioned the fact that it seems that almost everyone has a small dog and of course all dogs need to Be walked. The dogs are reallywell-trained as a rule,Pugs and poodlesAnd all kinds of little beasts. Today there were four living residents discussing all manners of political events the past week and their displeasure over the government and the President-elect. It was pretty entertaining. The ladies were quite up to whatever government gossip is going around about the President-elect. In the 40 to 45 minutes I was there there is only one incident on gossip about what the other building residents seem to lean a lot of clothing from dumpsters. This residency be quite adapt and getting nice-looking pieces of clothing. Have to admire her reminds me of my mom had my mom and able to do dumpster shopping. The conversation was intriguing and I was pleased that they allowed me to be part of their commune. As much as I enjoy the inclusion I had to get my clothes and get back to my apartment. I want to go to the market and purchase a few things for the coming week and to get out and enjoy the sunshine. After all it is Sunday afternoon on a warmer than usual November day. I have nothing else better to do.

No comments: