Sunday, February 12, 2023

By By Billie

 


I know it's no surprise but still I feel I have to make some kind of acknowledgment regarding the passing of my friend across the hall Billie. I figure it's only fair to my dedicated/loyal readers since I've talked about her last couple weeks or really days. Us are just once last week when the demise fully began. I was alerted by a family member that she wanted me to come over and that was good except that when I got there she had already gone back to whatever land morphine takes you to during those last moments. I was kind of shocked to see all small and fragile she looked in her bed but I guess that's what the end game is all about struggling through those last moments of existence on this plane before you go to the next. I'm pleased that she regarded me as her friend.


I think we saw each other as special individuals that's why we were so tight together. Our apartments are at the very end of this building on the swing next to the dumpsters. Billie was a really nice lady know that sounds a little trite but she was. She was from that era where you always dressed up when you left the apartment to go shopping or anything. Sure he might be of Mary Tyler Moore that are closer always exact and cute she were close will. She was nice she always one to get to know the best in people almost to the point where it sometimes wore me out. She used me as the interpreter asking me what such and such meant or why would somebody say this are sorry that will treat her a specific way that didn't seem to make sense to her. There are some snarky people here at the apartments and that's okay that goes with the turf. She was for anything that brought people together weather was her playing the piano at Christmas or any other time of the year hopefully getting folks to sing or playing board games as they Do in the afternoons. She did this until her hearing got so challenged she couldn't follow the conversations much anymore and was just too much work. I think our favorite times were ordering pizza in the evenings. One strange thing was that we ordered the pizzas but never ate the pizza together. I was always a little taken aback when she would take her pieces of pizza and go back to her apartment and that was it. It's going to be weird now when they cleanout the apartment fix it up and then rent the apartment out. Going to have to break it into partner at the end of the hall.


The beat goes on” – – I really do like that song. It says of all time stops for no one. As usual this morning I met the kids at the restaurant for breakfast. We didn't even try to wear shoes today I just put on my avengers blanket over my legs and took off. I almost was not able to put my shorts on. I don't know if it's me or the chair I've noted I'm struggling more and more to get dressed by myself. I'm having difficulty raising my right hip high enough to get my shorts on or over. And I was willing to use the black trick even then and draped it over my hips but luckily at the last moment is able to get my shorts high enough to do them up a look relatively normal particularly after a bound my legs together. I guess I felt a little guilty knowing that Billie was next door getting ready check out at any moment but I think she would understand “the beat goes on, the beat goes on the beat keeps drumming rhythm to the brain Lottie da da dee (I know that's not what's most look like but you get the point)… lauded

No comments: