Monday, February 20, 2023

Monday Night Pizza! :-)

 



There's a storm coming in – – I know you've heard it all before – – starting tomorrow evening going for the next couple of days for forecasting may be up to 6 inches of snow on the valley floor here which means effectively I'm going to be landlocked for a while. Luckily, return the end of February which means it'll soon be March which means the month the spring. So no matter how much snow falls is not the last very long in fact are calling much better weather next week hopefully. So no effort to justify going out and buying treats I'm using the storm as a threat to my self being an enjoyment of my apartment so I went over to market its recreational shopping. Picked up a couple bottles of juice, cans of jalapeno pickled peppers and a frozen pizza.


Pizza is one of my weaknesses in life I think I even like bad pizza more or less. As long as it has tomato sauce with decent crust and cheese okay with the pizza pie. I believe I've talked about how I sort of lived on frozen pizza one point in my life here in Salt Lake. I can't even remember the make of pizza that was but it was good enough to buy A couple of pizzas a week. They were pretty cheap to basically cardboard pizza I called them. They had a resemblance to pizza round with pepperoni's, cheese, sometimes mushrooms, green peppers, onions you know the standard fare. They were good enough to get through the night television reruns. If I remember right this is right after the 2nd divorce. But as I said more or less any peaches a good pizza if you doctored the pie with enough of your favorite ingredients. It was just like raising the dead.


As I indicated there is a storm coming in the temperature of the day is almost balmy at 40+ degrees. I finally got around to getting out about 3:30 PM my trip across the street. No more avengers like it across my legs to protect it from the cold. The market was great. I spend way too much time there picking up my 2 bottles of juice 2 cans of peppers. I also got some butter, sour cream and even more burritos. I pretended my mind that I'll be buried in the snow for weeks which is just plain silly. The power chair is more or less at the okay except for my seating I've got keep my seatbelt on arm truly can slide right out. I'm totally hunched over the side of my chair driving around looking like an idiot disabled guy. You know the kind of guy that you look at me wonder how did that guy get to be in that condition? I'm that guy. I joked with a lot of pick friends over the weekend about going down to be corner downtown with the cardboard lid or box and writing one of those I need money things in And see if could panhandle anything. I of course would not do something like that my balls and have to be a lot larger to be something like that. They can develop however could be fun. Best part I bought frozen pizza. They come a long way since the days when I was eating pizza off 9th East and 40s South. The reason I haven't got many senses that I really haven't had a way to carry the pizzas. However, I noticed tonight I can actually stick them in the Brown basket that Dennis D sent me said to me a couple of years ago I love that thing.


I cooked the pie at 400° for 30 minutes. The pie in its frozen state did not look nearly as good as it did on my front of the box. It was a for meat pie I kind of wish I'd gotten the one with more vegetables on it tickly green peppers and onions and black olives but that was not to be on this pepperoni, ham, sausage and hamburger pie. It was large enough to actually fit in the square box my brother put handles on last year, to help me get it in and out of the oven when it's hot. The copper box worked like a champ I'm so thankful for it. Is able to get the hot pizza out of the oven when it was done using one of my sticks with a hook on it. Aside from not having the flavors I described like the green pepper the pizza wasn't bad for frozen product cooked in my oven and chopped up by me on a Monday night…

No comments: