Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Helping Little Brother… Again

 



Had to call my older brother today, that's right my big brother, that seems so natural for me to say but it could be weird maybe and 72 calling on my older brother to help me get through my day. I always have to call him when something mechanicals gone wrong. He has this weird gift/skill set that allows him to fix almost anything. It's a genetic gift from his father to be sure because dad was the same way. My dad was from that pre-World War II agrarian survival set/group that had to be able to do every in anything to survive. Somehow, it was passed down to my brother Carl and I'm sure sister stay in Irene have the same skill sets. They could be X-Files, easily. Anyway, I had to call my 80 something brother to help me to fix my body lift.


It probably happened last week sometimes or Monday for sure it finalized. A small bolt on my body lift, the semi-electrical device that my home health people uses to lift me for my chair to my shower chair. The really is a back and lifesaver and used extensively 3 times a week.The bolt which had been holding the lever which widens in narrows the footprint of the lift to go around my chair to raise me then again to allow the body/my body just snuck up on to the shower chair over the commode, sheared off last week and then on Monday Melissa finish the job and broke the narrow screw or bold clean off. Then of course Gloria has a hard time using the lift almost to the point of refusal but we were able to get the job done this morning as far as toileting and going to the shower and back again. I told her though I would talk to my brother to see if he could come over and do one of his famous repairs – – which he did!


Last year my brother underwent double hip replacement which I think is pretty dramatic. However he had a number of complications and about 2 months ago he started getting some pains in his hip area and other places to make a long story short had developed sepsis and really almost died what a shock. Thankfully between his getting himself into the right medical folks and then into the hospital he's come out of it very well is after about of Covid. I was kind of worried that he had aged as well as been sick to the point that he could no longer help me when I needed it but fortunately I was wrong and he showed up a few hours ago and fixed my left so on Friday Gloria should be happy as a clam and if Gloria is happy Then I am happy.


My brother had Covid! And he diligently and gotten all the shots and all the other things he was supposed to do to avoid the disease. He got it anyway and that kind of scares me. He had sepsis and that he got the Covid he easily could've checked out but that would've been the end of that another statistic. But he's a special guy a lot of people depend on him especially me I just pray I don't wear him out before his time

No comments: