Monday, February 13, 2023

Like Spinning Tops

 


With Billie's passing is really got me thinking about low the folks here at the apartment complex where I live. We've had a number of folks pass away this last year some of them refigured it was their time waiting for getting close and others seemed healthy as horses and for one reason or another succumbed to that eternal sucker punch. I mean Billie was in her 80s at least so I figure time was nigh but I did think it was this close. I imagine that she would go to the hospital get rehydrated or whatever they do to you or give to you and come back in continued to live across the hall my neighbor with the red Kia that she loved to drive. It's kind of weird loud people who are close to be continue to ask if I'm okay, like did Billie's passing really negatively impact me thrown me into a mortally morbid depression but now I'm okay. Perhaps I wish things like this could affect me more. Maybe the ex-wives arrived I'm dead inside feelings wandered away long ago when I realized that my birth mother was given me up. I'm so glad she did has given the opportunity your choice I don't really think I wanted to be part of my biological family. Or that really sounds mean I guess it is true. I noticed today on Facebook I got a late birthday wish from my “little sister”. I've never really met this person with exchange some emails and texts but that's about it. I just don't have a feeling for these people.


Sorry I got to wondering there for a minute. I think were going to experience a number of more deaths relatively soon here at the apartment complex. We have a number of residents in their 90s some of which seem pretty frail. They all do a good job of living on are all mostly but all of us have assists one sort or another through the week. I'm always amazed at how good we look at coffee social on Thursday mornings. And I keep talking like their all corners pass away before me. Seriously, I need to be more realistic about these kind things those who knows any day I could just get nailed by that left turn or right turn off the sidewalk. I'm especially at risk when I cross the street with the light from the person in the car doesn't really see me and goes to turn to cross the intersection. Number of my friends about the turf that way. There's nothing to say that I may hit the buttons the wrong way on my chair and either drive off the top of one of the ramps at the train station are actually role in front of a train. I could be gone just like that. It wouldn't be but it really would be funny in that weird sort of way that these things happen. I sure hope that's not the case. But sometimes I get the feeling that were all tops spinning precariously on a tabletop somewhere in one by one the Spinning slows to the point where the top topples And we are left lying on the table waiting to be picked up and spun again wherever that might be

No comments: