Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Strange – Old Friend

 




I just finished watching the pilot for X-Files, I don't know what genre to put this television show under, science fiction, horror, the unusual. Certainly would be up there with twilight zone, the outer limits and other type clause is science fiction/strange television programs. I guess I was pretty old when the show 1st premiered 1993 making me in my 40s. So really wasn't so much a scary show for me in fact I was really surprised when visiting with my daughtercouple years ago when we began talking about this being our favorite show for a while but she indicated that she had stopped watching because the show frighten her too much. I was kind of baffled at that but didn't think much of it until today when I watched the pilot.


The X-Files is not been on my radar for some time only the last couple weeks a commercial for the program has been running on commercial breaks during my 5 6 o'clock news on the local CBS channel that I watch. What I feels release drains is that X-Files is shown back to back to Buffy the vampire killer which I thought was really campy. I don't know if I ever watched a full episode of that particular series. But now the sort of link together and shown together on this kind of bizarre media platform that's linked in the form of the local channels. Not that I think the X-Files has a whole Lotta credibility are sophistication lithic it's kind of sad that it's link to Buffy and at the vampire she's killed. When I 1st tried to find the series, X-Files, I tried the advertisement and couldn't find anything eventually I just clicked on X-Files and sure enough Amazon has the 1st season free with commercials isn't that an oxymoron? Free with commercials. That's okay the commercials are very few and they don't last very long compared to regular network. But available watch the show much closer now more intense. And tonight's episode, the pilot I could see how it could be somewhat upsetting to an impressionable preteen girl. I watched the series fairly regular but I think by the 10th season I was getting somewhat burned out on agents. I think the writers and ran the gamut on strange and bizarre by the 10th or 11th season. I really like the format however one agent nerd/hipster as well as nerd/not practicing MD. And non-hipster working together for the federal Bureau on strange and bizarre cases it was such an examination of bureaucracy and was smart person to get away with working for the great dummy. I'm not sure if I'm going to expand any more time watching other episodes but many times I like to go back and watch the pilot for particular series and just see how it changes over the seasons. I bet you somewhere there's a college course in this possible concept.


The days continue to be cold and so I was in no hurry and had no reason to go out in the elements today. I ventured out of my apartment wants to go up to the front and check on my mail. I did have a visitor my wheelchair mechanic who came over to fix the arm of my power chair. Alan did do a basic fix but I still have to order another part in but he feels he can come out and install the armrest when that armrest does come in. Oh to be my home health person showed up with some major illness which I hope is not transferable she seemed to be quite ill but I don't know how much of the illness is self-inflicted and how much is illness. I hope I don't get it I really do not want to go through any more sickness this year

No comments: