Friday, February 17, 2023

Sprung!




I think I've ranted and raved before about this power chair that I have particularly the foot box. The box which came with the chair which I think is way too big but now I've gotten used to it and I can live with the foot box. I still wouldn't mind a trimmer more conservative foot box but the basic but foot box will do for the time being and probably for the length of the chair as I don't see anything big happening different in the near future. Anyway, this morning I was goofing around and not watching what I was doing and cut the right side of the foot box where a piece of metal goes along the side has been bent away. So the metal sticking out like a hangnail you know how you catch everything on a hangnail once you get one. Well, that's what I did today inadvertently I think it was over by the stove or the refrigerator was trying to get underneath the cutting area the process of vegetables that I caught the corner of that piece of metal on the side of the foot box and totally spread it out. It's really a pain now, the flanged metal seems to catch anything that I'm doing unless I'm very very careful – – and I'm trying to be very very careful. I think in my mind I'm using this now as a reason not to go anywhere but it's really just the cold weather it stopped me from doing that. However, I spent the whole day in the hot apartment in less than a mile 6/10 of a mile is as far as I've gone today. Oddly enough I'm also having some problems with the left arm rest to my chair. This is the one that broke off that I Had Mark Anthony zip tie onto my arm rest receiver. Well now, the whole thing is slid off. I had a phone call in to Alan, my wheelchair mechanic/technician, which never has been returned and of course it's Friday on the long holiday weekend. Like I said the whole piece armrests slid off of the armed amount and finally I got Jennifer upfront to slide it back in. I think there's a cold or something that I've lost underneath this armrest That secures the armrest to the armrest mount.


Will it be before the loop around with this strong foot box so I am calling my brother Carl again who graciously stop by again and tried to repair the problem. Sadly he did not bring enough tools for the project which you'll have to come around, hopefully, tomorrow and screw the side of that piece of steel what's wrong back into the side of the chair box of bookmarks. It looks like it should be a relatively easy fix with the proper tools. I should've asked Carl to look at the armrest as well while he was here but I forgot. Maybe I bring it up tomorrow when he comes to tack that side to the foot box. It's okay I'm not discouraged if anything am encouraged because he'll get this thing done relatively soon. I'm so glad that I have older brother who seems to drop everything at a moments notice to run to my assistance whenever I asked…

No comments: