Sunday, February 05, 2023

On Being Presentable

 


I don't know if it's going to be a new practice of mine but I sure know what I'm doing now takes a lot of effort stress off of my shoulders. Of course today is Sunday and as usual we have our usual breakfast appointments/reservations/table at the little restaurant down the street from my apartment complex. One of the best things about our breakfast is that we meet at 8 AM which I know is very early in very early for a Sunday morning it allows us to meet, communicate have a decent breakfast and get on our way whatever it might be.


In order to make the deadline that I have to make which is to leave this house by 7:55 AM I must get out of bed by 6 AM. This gives me 2 hours to get ready. It shouldn't take that long really you mean after all it's not like I'm getting really dressed up just doing on a few things and heading down to this restaurant we go to. What I've noticed in the last couple months I have to really work to get dressed and all that I need to get done in the 2 hours. And after all all I'm doing this point on a pair shorts and my shoes. Something's happened however I'm not sure what I don't know which the new cushion or the chair are something with me my body becoming more decrepit I don't know but if I choose to wear shoes many times I might be late for breakfast. Also, on days I don't have assistance I need to make very sure that I got access to shorts with the waistline that allows me to stretch the waste over the button this secure the shorts. This is also becoming more and more difficult. I sense a lot of it is that I'm sitting twisted in the chair more than I used to. Whether it's the foot box and the padding that's in the foot box which gets all rumpled up and causes my feet turn in northern usual which also means I can't pushoff enough to arch my back which allows me to pull the shorts over my hips and high enough that I have enough slack around my waist line to fasten the shorts. In the before times these 2 issues shoes and shorts were not a problem but I could do these with ample time to make sure that I have my morning meds taken in my morning drink to make sure all is well. So this morning I elected not to wear my shoes. I know people freak out when they see me on a cold morning without long pants and without shoes so I started wearing my blankets more and more over my legs which the public loves and I found can cover my feet. The public doesn't care as long as my feet are covered they don't know whether that more and shoes are not just fine with me. In that same vein I was late getting to an appointment or actually coffee last Thursday and I couldn't get my shorts fastened. I thought that grabbed a pair that was flexible enough but I was wrong and eventually I just pulled the blanket around my legs up around my waist which looked normal was able to do the whole coffee social with my shorts unfastened. Nobody knew except me and I was glad to be able to get away with it but still felt very uncomfortable. By the time we were finished with this coffee social the fabric had stretched enough that I was able to fasten the short to get on with my day doing much more comfortable. But that's my point. My the point now where I just leave my shoes off except for the days that somebody else dresses me and has the time and the inclination to put my shoes on. Or many times when I do shoes from my own I have the time to finagle my feet up over my legs to where I can twist the shoes under my feet. When I just myself I never look as good as when my help does but I guess that's all right as long as I'm semi-presentable…

No comments: