Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine Views

 


I was never really a big proponent of Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day was one of those semi-valid holidays celebrated nationally but not significant enough to take work or school off. It is kind of funny that way certainly did national holidays for things like war i.e. Veterans Day but nothing for warmth and love like Valentine's Day except for school exercises. Will not necessarily school exercises but you know, you have to give everybody in the classroom Valentine values to drive me crazy even the ones you never give one to in real life. I could be wrong but it seems like there may have been upwards to 30 kids by school classrooms. That's 30 Valentines I remember having to slave over them the night before to: somebody from: Mark. I thought I would never get the task done. Thank goodness for junior high and all that silliness pretty much stopped. Oh, is still gave Valentine's the folks you really thought were special but was much more risky. I remember putting valentines in peoples/girls lockers but I don't think anyone ever put anything in mine until high school and then I never do with the valentines that showed up at my locker then were genuine or just sympathy valentines. By the time I started high school I was in my chair/wheelchair. As always we had told how special I was all strong that I was but nothing really that suggested the relationship except for one or 2 instances.


Of course, nothing like that happens and senior living facility like I'm at. I actually thought about buying a box of Marvel valentines I happen to run across the earlier last week. I think there is like 32 in the box probably just enough for a regular classroom with a couple left over for backup if you needed. I could have done everybody here that I want to at the apartment complex I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Unlike Christmas in some of the other holidays I get little packages of my door things hanging off my doorknob which suggests that somebody thinks enough of me to give me a gift on the respective holidays. But so far no valentines and that's just as well. If I were really smart I would buy a bunch of valentines tomorrow when they go on sale at Macy's or wherever. Have a minute closet drawer somewhere that I could dip into next year if I'm lucky enough to still be around. This thing with Billie's is kind of unsettling . I keep wanting to say things like “I hope she's okay” of course she's okay. Wherever a whatever state she's in Billie is definitely okay. They've taken all the decorations she had offered door of course except they forgot to remove the calendar. Billie had this family calendar made but she was so proud of images of all her grandkids and family members with all their birthdays identified. I'm surprised the family left the calendar. The difficulty of the little knickknacks Billie had around her door but left the calendar. Maybe they meant me to have it but I don't want it seems a little ghoulish. As of yet there been no plans identified of 2 what's going to happen as far as funeral arrangements or anything like that. Maybe there will be about that I would go to any if there were transportation be a major issue still however it's kind of funny that we haven't heard anything yet. Billie was really in things like that making appearances of places and things that she thought was important. Sure she'll make it looking good as ever…

No comments: