Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Waiting For Storm

 


It's snowing right now outside my window. I can't see it in the evening hours but the snows coming down. I doubt that we are going to get the amounts the forecasters have predicted but still it's impressive that the snow came just as they said and at the time they said. I've got my provisions and so I am ready for what the store brings it. I didn't have my regular Assist Inc. meeting As I often do on Tuesday mornings. The day following a national holiday and a weekend on top of that there's just no time to pull the paperwork together for our meetings on weekends like this just past.


There were go clouds all day-to-day. Luckily, I had nowhere to go and nothing to do. I worked little bit on the apartment trying to clean up a little bit. The chaos had kind of gotten out of hand over the weekend not like I had any giant parties or anything. My Monday caregiver is quite a bit different than my caregiver which I have for Wednesday and Friday. We just really visit on Monday while I do my business on the toilet on Wednesday and Friday my caregiver actually is involved in cleaning the kitchen area of the apartments and often sweeping up the whole apartment area. All of this makes a difference to me anyway. The dedicated reader knows of my search for a cleaning lady/person but so far none is come around one that I could use anyway. In fact today mode by neighbors names Tim (she's Asian) stopped in my so freaked out about the apartment she actually came in and wash dishes and cleaned the counters in the kitchen. That was really nice I appreciated Her efforts. Might be also included working out on my arm bike of course and now I'm blogging. I need to get my clothes ready for my Wednesday wash which I'm sure I will be doing sense snow is forecast for all day tomorrow. I realize I'll be landlocked but not for long. This would definitely be categorized as a spring storm so even if major quantities of snow accumulate the snow will not last long as soon as the sun comes out it will be gone and again that's okay with me.


I've enjoyed the pizza that I purchased yesterday. Last night before I retired I cut the pizza into wedges and stack them on top of each other. Had I been more ambitious I would like to stock the pizza in a plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator but as it is I'm letting a cure on one of the countertops. I just have to force myself to eat very few pieces of time. I didn't realize this was thick crust pizza which is way too many carbo calories. But it's been nice to have day old pizza snack on. It will be nice to have what's left of the pizza for the storm. I even made sure to take the garbage out before the major storm hit. It was raining turning to snow as I shuttled back and forth from the apartment to the dumpsters. Felt good to get back into the house to a cupboard of fun food, Internet connection and Amazon video…

No comments: