Friday, January 19, 2018

Clothes


I purchased two pair pants a couple weeks ago at the polygamist store across the street from where I live. In truth what I call the polygamist store: is a true value store run by a.polygamist family. I don't say this to be mean it just is what it is I cannot change that. I like the store primarily for its convenience. I have purchased a lot of materials from this place. I purchased everything from pots to pants. I've always been impressed with what the store represents or sells. Power tools, everything electrical I mean basic electrical things a person would need to say rewire their complete house. If electrical was not what that family needed then they can certainly look at plumbing, kitchen materials and of course toys and other items needed to keep younger children occupied through the day.

I cannot find clothes, specifically pants that will fit. When I would go searching for clothes. The place is not all that accessible to someone using a wheelchair. A couple weeks ago when I was searching their inventory for some pants which might fit I encountered one of the ancient grandparent types. This grandma Could've been the grandma from Waltons mountain. She asked if she credit help me, who was I to say no? I certainly wasn't finding what I needed on my own. In a Salt Lake minute she the launched her self into the piles of pants covering the table in the Men's section. In no time she returned with two selections that were 42 x 34”. I've been searching this table for weeks and actually believe there were no 42's to be found. She found a pair of Levi's and a pair of dockers! I skeptically grabbed the pants and headed to check out. I had a similar experience last year at Sears when I was looking for some shirts. Since I've been out on my own I have tried to purchase shirts a couple of times only to be disappointed by garments that were way too small. I resolved the fact that I cannot buy clothes for myself or anyone else for that matter. I was finally rescued one afternoon by this dear little old lady who worked at the store two days a week. She knew exactly what I needed and what I can wear and actually fetched the clothes and I was out of there in no time. I love the clothes she picked for me and keep promising myself to return on the day she supposed to work but I have not yet.


I got home and waited couple days and finally put on my Levi's actually do not Levi's they are denims. I was prepared for a disappointment because when I got home I checked my closet because I had purchased a nice pair of black Levi's last year about this time that were 42's and they were too small for me to wear. I cannot get the waste buttoned. I would have to get a button extender for sure . I was partially correct I could get the new dungarees on but I was barely able to get them buttoned. This, mind you, was before washing. I'm quite intimidated to try getting them on again. I'm sure they shrunk to some non-usable size unless I use a button extender. I think next week on one of the days my staff is here to help me with my bathroom needs to have her dress the in these Levi's to see what happens if they're too small now. They probably are but I like the trousers may be aware of them anyway. The only problem again I experienced was material seemed pretty rough on my skin. I wore the pants all day but was glad to get out of them at days end my skin thanked me when I finally pushed the pants off. I'm going to make a button extender and where these pants anyway. The dockers fit fairly well a little snug but wearable reasons are not gaining weight I think I can wear these for that near future. The Dockers fit much better in fact a more than right now. I want to get a couple of pair of of a relaxed fit Jean, Sears has a senior relaxed fit by Levi's and actually I don't care who makes the jean as long as I can wear them comfortably.

No comments: