Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Justice? There Is No justice


It's Free Pie Wednesday over at Village Inn which is just down the street from where I live. I would love to be there right now was a hot cup of coffee and a piece of free apple pie but instead here I sit going through page after page of smart charts for point equivalents of foods to consider. Quite frankly I'm amazed that people have gone through all the effort to figure out Weight Watchers points on all these foods include offerings. There is even a page of Halloween candy which gives the point equivalent for all mainline candies like Hershey bars, O Henry and candy corn to name just a few of the huge offering of candy and what their point value is.

I failed this weekend and trying to keep track of points of the foods I ate. Seriously, last night I cannot stand not crunching so I launched into soda crackers I had laying around the apartment. First I was waived over with failure guilt then I figured I had lost the cause so I even try and I remembered a bag of pretzels I have laying in the back of my pantry. It was small skinny salt crusted pieces of the light that made a delightful crunch – – I was reminded of the figure from the Alice in Wonderland story of the walrus eating the muscles or whatever the small shellfish. Great big walrus tears as the walrus shovel them load after load of muscles or clams or whatever. I wept as a my pretzels and how big I was. Finally, I came to myself and resolved to get back on calorie wagon. This morning I confessed to my home health person who is also my weight watcher coach (unofficial). She pretty much blew my weakness off relating a story of how she munched on brownies she made this weekend. I was delighted and then did not feel nearly as bad. She laughed and said she just have to try harder this week and that's what it was all about picking myself up when you fail and hoping for better results at the next weigh in.

This morning I spent a good deal of time searching for notes and eight speaking to my health care insurance provider. I found out that my insurance did not send payments in for dental work I received . My insurance does not work this way. Pe HP instead has worked out a deal with dentists's for a for a reduced fee. I had to go get my provider the bad news. They took the news well and re-figured what I owed which is now considerably more. But we worked out a deal $200 a month for three months. I'm going to be okay I don't like this going on to my credit card but it's the only thing I could do. So for the next three months on the 30th day of that month $200 will come out of my credit card. Oh well, paying my card down was nothing but a pipe dream.

I suppose it all works out to have less money the great teeth to eat the food I can no longer purchase because I'm paying for the great teeth somehow I always come back to my favorite cliché… There is no justice.

No comments: