Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sauerkraut Is Free!



I worked out today. I pumped my arm bike for 30 minutes and that's good. Not only does 30 minutes buy me a good amount of cardio for my heart but also asokay three points on my weight watchers regimen. What a system? I know I'm beginning to be repetitive but bear with me. I'm just overwhelmed with the whole dieting thing, right now. I have been more or less on Weight Watchers all week. I'm a little frustrated because of trying to keep the record of what I ingest all week and right when I think I have it recorded when I go to record my next meal the previous recording is not there. I have to rethink the situation and and not only the previous meal but the meal I just finished. I'm doing pretty good as far as recording the meals I've just not put the smart points on each meal.

I am beginning to see that Weight Watchers is kind of an art form. I kind of think in the back of my mind that actually with a little creativity and time commitment the program might be fun if not entertaining. One of the big problems I am having since I like to make my own food when I can it's hard to, it's hard for me, to accurately that the points on what I make. Like over the weekend I made a pizza with a thick crust. Besides the marinara sauce of the mozzarella cheese, green peppers, onions and ofcoarse olives. I've been eating on that pizza all week. I really believe the pieces of this pizza are smaller than the typical pizza from Domino's pizza hut. So,a regular piece of cheese pizza from Domino's is about seven points. That sounds like a lot but not really too bad. So, the pizza I made with a premade crust would probably be about 4 to 5 points.

I'm totally new in this whole Smart points program. Again, as Dana puts it is not necessarily doing the points in the point system (but doing the point system just makes sense) the fact you are focused on your intake process is the most important. Like really, you have a whole mind shift about about what you're willing to put in your face. What I found really enticing is that there are a bunch of food options that are free, this means I can eat as much of these items as I would like. All vegetables are free, all fruits are free. So I can use bananas, oranges, apples in particular to munch on to stave off hunger pangs. And I'm getting this part down though I'm not really clear totally on this process but each day you get or I get 30 points so everything has a point value, the points build build up as I eat during the day these things all points then are subtracted from my overall daily accumulation points 30 points also every week I get something like 45 extra points or something? And if I go over my daily allotment of 30 points I can sneak some points over from the extra point pile. I think I understand this but I am uncomfortable doing it. My goal would be to come as close to 30 points as possible and not go over. Like tonight I had sauerkraut and wieners sliced up. One can of sauerkraut counts as one serving and the best part is that sauerkraut is free meaning it uses no points and just that the duct the wieners which in this case I need about one wiener which is about seven points and that was dinner. That's all I dare eat because I don't know if I come under 30 point cap. Have I kept closer analysis of my point accumulation today I might've been able to eat two servings of sauerkraut and wieners sliced. As of is I will save the left over Kraut for another day.


There is so much good information on the Internet regarding weight watchers, diet plans and point values for all kinds of food (see yesterday's post). Tomorrow, is the weigh -in. I hope I've lost some weight. My scales is on my personal body lift. The lift is from Europe of course therefore I am weighed in kilograms. Each kilo is about 2 pounds it's hard to figure things out for me. I'm going to see if there's a way I can change the kilograms to pound. It seems to be more rewarding to know pounds lost versus kilograms lost. I would just love to lose enough weight to where I can just maintain and not worry about losing and dietary suffering all the time. I should buck up after all sauerkraut is free!

No comments: