Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Backup Chair

Backed chair, patiently waiting for service, the shop called the man's on his way

Almost 9 o'clock in the evening and I'm sitting here waiting for that knock on the door which means the wheelchair shop person is here to collect my power chair for tomorrow's overhaul. I've been waiting for this moment – – at least the overhaul part of it – – the past two months it seems. I've made phone calls, I patiently waited for insurance companies to authorize cannot authorize the overhaul while my body seemed to get more and more beat up using this chair. Once again I really appreciate the fact that the shop allows me to keep my chair, regardless of the condition the power chair seems to be in,while the wheelchair shop authenticates my insurance coverage and after that the amassing of the parts for the overhaul or and the manufacturer of parts needed for the overhaul. What is happened in the past, that by doing this, the shop is able to do the whole job in one 24 hour turnaround which is fantastic.

In the meantime I will be forced to use the backup chair which is okay if we can do the turnaround in one day as anticipated. This morning I made sure that I plug in the power chair which I is is the backup and got the battery charged and ready for switch. Once again, I am pleased and thankful to have this power chair as a backup. This sure is not the best chair on earth, the chairs to wait for me therefore I do not have the support they need. The foot pedals or the plate is very narrow which challenges my feet to stay on the plate as a transport myself around. Do not forget that I use the chair significantly in my dressing and undressing aspects. This chair is a challenge. The question is less about what and they worry that I'll damaged by but but hopefully over a 24-hour window I should be okay. I should be okay if we can get the chair overhauled tomorrow so that I have it back on Thursday. I have a number of things I have to do on Thursday which require I have a chair that I can rely on. The backup chair, I believe has bad batteries, thank you the charge for a bit but if I'm doing any distance driving the .batteries deplete quickly. I am meeting Lori at the coffee-shop on Thursday afternoon before I am to go out to the library for Next Chapter book club. I am little more reticent to use the chair for the library trip because of the battery issue. I would hate to be that far away from home with a spent battery. I may have to blow off the book club which I would hate to do.


It's getting late and the chair shop has not called yet to let me know they're coming. I'm pretty sure it was to be tonight they're going to pick up the chair and not tomorrow night but the later he gets the less sure am. Either way this will work out and I will have to learn how to cope with the re-made chair.

No comments: