Monday, January 15, 2018

With Apologies To Robert Frost


The writer's group had brunch this morning. Typically we had lunch but this day we had brunch with sort of faked me out. Everything fakes me out these days. I'm trying to live my life under the dictum of Weight Watchers. I find it amazing how much we assess quality of life by what we ingest. I have been trying to lose weight by assessing the amount of calories and just the days time. I got the assessment from my dietitian when I was in the hospital of your soul go. She said 1800 cal a day that kind of freaked me out until it started keeping track. You can eat a lot of food to get the 1800 cal a day at 600 cal a meal. I've written about how my home health present sort of type me into Weight Watchers and that's what I'm trying now. But regardless of what program I'm trying to use the lose weight the bottom line is everything, everything is now food related.

Brunch kind of threw me off – – do I eat a big breakfast and then just something super-light at the “brunch” or do I eat a light breakfast order sort of normal at the brunch and then he is super-light dinner? It seems like it would be a bit easier to do the lunch but I suppose it doesn't matter, what does matter is what I put in my mouth and how much, after all the whole point of the meeting is to visit with my friends and not what I eat. But boy, do I use this event to make-up for some of the dieting I have been forcing myself to do.

Brunch-lunch who the hell cares it's an excuse to eat whatI want to eat and more of what I want to eat that I'm allowed. I ordered a steak! Steak and hashbrowns, fried eggs and toast!! I was in heaven, I don't know if my friends noticed how I ate like a man off the reservation. I had to pull the reins back a little so as not to look too gluttonous and pathetic. I justified the steak because of blood I've lost recently and yes I could've ordered liver but that's not what happened. I didn't have to order all your calories but I did partially because server to tell me what was part of the order and I cannot stop her one bit sure, wheat toast, sure over easy on the eggs and of course the meal comes with hashbrowns. I definitely was a candidate for one of the rings Dante writes about. I am such a weak vessel.


As I'm writing this my stomach “grumbles”. How can my stomach be grumbling now? I thought I ordered just right. I thought I was conservative media was too conservative but still I'm going to suffer the consequences I know. I don't want to throw in the towel and sabotage myself further by ingesting just a few Ritz crackers or even saltines. It is the middle of the afternoon and I still have hours to go before I sleep and hours to go before I eat…

No comments: