Thursday, January 04, 2018

Two Pie Wednesday



How many of you know about the Village Inn's Free Pie Wednesday? Free Pie Wednesday is a gimmick, I know, but Free Pie Wednesday is kind of nice. I was turned on to this interesting gimmick by my friend Lori who uses the gimmick quite frequently. I must admit I was a bit chagrined the first time we Free Pie Wednesday. We didn't even buy any food we just sat down and demand are pie slick as that. It worked! What a great deal? If you like pie. And who doesn't like pie?

It's not like we go to the village and every Wednesday for the free pie but we got enough to know their way around the pie plate. Yesterday we figured what better way to usher in the first Wednesday of the new here but to hit the village Inn. Because we don't want to look totally like shmucks we ordered lunch – – a light lunch lunch just the same so we did not have to feel totally guilty when we ordered a free piece of pie. As always, we spend the afternoon gabbing and a little bit of gossip just to spice up the afternoon. It was a fun afternoon but I had to get back to the apartment early because I had a friend passing through town and want to stop off for a quick visit. This is my buddy Dave – – check the blog for past references. Dave used to be my boss what I lived in Blackfoot Idaho.

I got back the apartment and that and try to at least get my exercise in because I was not sure what would happen with David. What might've been a short encounter might turn into a long event and I want to get some form of exercise in for the day. David and checking in off and on as he traveled south from Idaho. I had just enough time to get in a half an hour on my arm bike which is what I like to do daily. Oddly enough, we decided to meet at, you guessed it, the Village Inn.

David called once he got into the restaurant. I felt a little bad I wanted to met David there when he pulled in but I threw on my jacket dashed over to the restaurant. The seating hostess did a double take when I rolled the through the door. I smiled and took a seat. I had a bowl of chili with Lori and she had tomato basil soup which actually looked pretty good. It was merely 5 o'clock so I figure I can order dinner in this case I got a couple of tomato basil soup a handful of crackers. David ordered light too. But we're finished I asked David if you'd like a piece of pie and he declined until I told him it was free and he did a double take as I explained Free Pie Wednesday. He ordered a cherry chocolate something pie and I did coconut cream this time. Sadly I only ate half of the pie. This was way more than I should but I couldn't help myself after all how many free pie Wednesdays either in one week?



No comments: