Friday, January 26, 2018

Mr. Speaker How Are You?




Driver locks me to be down for the last leg of the trip home. It's cold now at the end of a very nice day. Waiting for transfer wasn't bad but the sun was out. The day was actually fairly warm for January. I enjoyed the heat, for a cold day, but now that the sun is setting waiting for the bus is becoming much more of a challenge. The bus should not be too long after all this is Route 500, Capitol building route that runs every 15 minutes during the season – – the legislative season.

I have a meeting with the speaker of the house today at the state capital. Well, not me alone with the speaker but the whole DRAC crew, those who decided to show up. There must have been six of us are seven counting Jerry and Dick. All told it was not a bad meeting. I'm amazed at how many of our heavy hitters didn't make this meeting. I was kind of surprised. I do not know if any progress was achieved aside from developing further our/DRAC's relationship with speaker Greg Hughes but I suppose the meeting was a first step. There were a couple of incidents which rang back to the awkward days of DRAC or what DRAC used to be. One of the folks was actually a kid of one of the regular DRAC talk was all talk and had to be handled deftly in order to not lose credibility with the speaker. But everybody seemed to handle the incident well. I don't know if her kid iss going to come around again. He's what I used to fear about DRAC speaking and not really knowing what he talking about. DRAC has made some inroads and I must admit I came away mildly impressed. My one faux pas that I'm aware of them sure there are more which I may have exemplified but one point I dozed off to the point that I actually dropped my cell phone on the floor the drop was almost like I tossed the cell phone. I don't know how many people noticed that I dozed off but no one said anything and I doubt they would. Perhaps they were just stopped inviting me to these functions.

I sat through the whole meeting trying to hold back urinating. I really should've gone before the meeting started but the really was not time before the pre-meeting. The joke is that I held the urine the whole meeting in my finely bolted for the bathroom and cathed somehow the top of the urine bag kinked and I was not aware so really good amount seat over the side of the bag wetting the top of my slacks. Luckily, now that I am cinching my legs together no one will know. And I'm praying there is no odor to deal with. I am not aware of an odor and no one is acting like there is an odor. Have I became one of those unseemly old man stinking of public transit? I now will be much slower to judge.


It's good to be homebound heading down to the track station from the capital building. I don't know if I feel colder than evening's temperature is over just the fact that my pants are wet indeed making me feel colder than the temperature actually is. I have one more bus to catch before I get to my place but so far it's been a good day .

No comments: