Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Prides Fall

This is the officer that officially over Hells half-acre, truly a nice guy.


I believe I was getting a little too proud I must have needed to be taken down a notch or two. I should have felt this takedown coming. I been feeling way too good lately, zipping around in my chair totally enjoying the overhaul of that that chair. I was getting way to hold myself . Well that take down happened today. It's Tuesday my assist day, this is the day that I go and do my volunteer board work. The office is downtown Salt Lake across from the downtown library so nice trip. I take the 703 which is the red line train which drops me off right in front of the library which is a block away from my destination at Assist Inc.

What any day I ride the train into the train as I spin around a bump in the something, I'm not quite sure what it was but all of a sudden on my display it shows I have a disengaged motor. I'm not all that surprised except that I thought it was odd that not the latch which engages the motor to the tire. What is odd is that I'm not getting the normal display for this particular malfunction. I cannot reach the motors of my chair without much difficulty in this is particularly true one of suited up with a backpack on my lap. I realize that some have asked somebody for assistance. Traditionally what I do is have someone pushed the latch back down to engage the motors. I found finally the young lady who saw my distress and asked if she can help. I of course said yes and she got to the process but nothing happens I'm still not engaged on my right side. Long story short is that I stayed right there on the train passed my stop at the library on up to the University back down again told finally I realized us coming up on the Central Station 5200 S.

I did not realize just how helpless I am in this power chair when there is no power. I was trying to figure out a way to get back home and how to do this. I called my brother, I called my cousin and even a couple friends to figure out a way. I was almost overwhelmed. I finally realized I was coming up on Central station and I asked for help on board and got someone, a very nice young lady, who would get behind me, after I go into freewheel mode on my chair, delete then when the doors open push me out onto the platform. She did this, bless her heart, got back on the train the doors closed and the train left. I was stranded sitting on the platform at Central station. As I sat there trying to figure out what to do I realized that route 54 was sitting right there in the parking area and what I needed to get home. I devised a plan. I just needed someone to push me off the platform onto the bus then push me out part of the bus at 5400 S. and somehow somehow the more broke. They're picking make sure tonight and will tell me the results tomorrow. I'm in my packet chair which is better than nothing but very difficult to live out of. To be a while if they have to replace the motor. It will not even start to get authorization from the insurance people which always takes a while.Redwood Road station push me around the corner to the bus stop for the 217. Then I just needed someone to push me on to the 217 and have someone push me off the 217 when the bus reached my apartment. Then I would need someone to push me from the bus stop just outside my complex to my apartment and then I would need someone to help transfer me from my damage chair to my back up chair.

I called family members just let them know my status. I called Ute Cab they could not get someone to assist me for two hours. Finally desperation I called UTA police. It took a while but finally the officer showed up. I explained my problem and he agreed to be my service Angel. This guy pushed me out the platform on the onto the 54 then on to the 217 off the 217pushed me into the apartment and then assisted me in the transfer from my power chair to my other power chair. This guy needs a citation which I will try to provide.

So once again, I'm stuck in my backup chair – – which I am totally thankful to have and am grateful for the mobility the chair will provide provide but I realize the time will be long and difficult tenuous until my other chair is once again repaired. At this juncture it sounds like the motor is gone and will need to be replaced. This is like thousands of dollars well over $1000 at least. In amount wheelchair shop will pick up the dead chair tonight and that they will look at it tomorrow and give me the names. The technician I explained the problem to feels is the motor will need to be replaced. The technician will order the part but they will not replace the motor until they get authorization for payment from my insurance company which will take I'm sure a week to weeks. Now I have to wait. I do not want to pay for this piece myself.


I'm really trying to fight this situational depression and I'm doing okay but I'm getting really tired of the test. I'm just blessed to be here another day

No comments: