Sunday, January 21, 2018

Crying Over Spilt Milk

.
Mark Anthony spent the night last night. He had a gig, downtown Salt Lake and he did not get into about 2 AM. We are entering into a new part of our relationship I think. Mark is going through some hard times right now and since the only assistance I really can be for him is to be here and let him spend the night when he needs to. The last couple weeks he spent Saturday night at least fairly early Sunday morning usually after he's done some work here at the apartment. picks up the apartment or the kitchen particularly. Today, not only washed the dishes but cleaned up the mess I made last night just before bedtime.

It was almost midnight and I had been visiting/texting with my friend Lori as we do often in the dark time. I've gotten the milk out to take my meds, my pathetic excuse at trying to ingest calcium. Somehow I got the lid off of the bottle of milk just as I had began my swing to get the bottle into the refrigerator side bin and just as I did the corner of the bottle caught on the ledge and the bottle slipped from my hand to the floor. There was about three quarters of half-gallon jug of milk and of course the liquid flowed out of the bottle. By the time retrieved the vessel from off the floor there was only about a quarter of bottle left. I was tired and frustrated but I cleaned up as best as I could. I grabbed a white towel from the wash I had done earlier in the day. I threw the towel on the floor spread the towel as much I could hoping to get as much milk off the floor as possible especially any errant streams that may have wondered underneath the refrigerator to alleviate potential of dry milk stink.

This morning I was looking for the pads for they swifter I purchased a couple months ago. This is the closest thing I have to a mop. I wanted to go over the area of the kitchen the milk had spilt again in hopes of canceling out stink potential. I could not find them and asked Mark to assist in helping find the pads. I was impressed he jumped into action telling me that the Swifer would not do and that good old hands and knees washing was the only way. Not only, hands and knees but Mark insisted on pulling the whole refrigerator out and washing the floor underneath. There was milk deep underneath the fridge and Mark totally scrubbed clean the area and the stink threat was gone.


Mark Anthony is now living closer than he has in some time. He is able to be here quicker and more often than he has a great while. I kind of wonder if he is keeping an eye on me because I'm old now and can't look after myself. I hate to think that is true. I hate to think this is a new stage of our relationship and my life. I hate to think of what is next.

No comments: