Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Checking My Options



I'm kind of excited. Little by little I have been piecing together tools I need to begin minimal production of some low-tech assistive technology. I genuinely miss producing my hooks taking a piece of wood from the furniture mill dumpster and then with the aid of tablesaw, hand orbiter ,sandpaper and drill then turn that piece of wood from this raw material into a functional piece of equipment to assist folks live more independently. Long time readers of this document will note numerous postings where I speak about my hooks, their production and their use so I don't really feel the need to really go into that too much here except that when I left the house/my garage-shop I did not know what my options were going to be for doing anything like what working. I left all my tools behind and just tried to find new living situations. Landing at the apartment complex where I live now. I have had over a year to figure out some options and the options are kind of exciting.

Living in a place over a year certainly allows a person time to realize what they have. Even though it looked like I felt like I did not scramble very hard , I was scrambling . open writerI got situated in a nice place --I was down lucky. I was challenged as well as my abilities to live independently. Luckily I have some physical help from home health professionals. I have clothes that seems to work  but my wardrobe is wearing out. Dianne used to buy all my clothes and keep me dressed fairly decently, Dianne is now out of the picture so trying to find another resource to help me find clothes that look good and fit properly. I did find someone but she vanished when Sears vanished. I have my wheels underneath me now and am feeling much more confident. I think I know what I can do I've been given options for my workshop. I sent away for a folding workbench. This bench has a built in end clamping system but I'm looking around for a vice that I can put on the bench. I worry that the bench is not very sturdy after all cost the bench cost only $19. I am expecting that piece in any day. I stopped the pawnshop last week and picked up a drill for five bucks. I ordered a chuck key in from Amazon for about five bucks. Yesterday, I got a quarter inch spade from True Value across the street which Ihave already used to prepare a fingernail clipper. Now as soon as the bench arrives I am hoping to repair some of the hooks around my apartment and make a couple more.Now I need to get one of my friends and family members to head over to the furniture mill in Murray to pick up some stock that I may have around to work on my project. I want to make make sawdust, I want to release a smooth rounded stick from his rough square form. I want to twist the hook into its end making a tool, something completely useful… I just want to be useful.



No comments: