Sunday, April 15, 2018

Something Differet



What a perfectly beautiful day! We were socked in with dark menacing clouds this morning and it looked cold outside but I was still excited about the day. I was late getting up I decided to cook breakfast anyway. I have been promising myself GARBROC for a number of days and decided they would be the day. I had corned beef and I had to check to be sure that I had the broccoli crowns and the crowns not turned too yellow and that I had the other ingredients. I found a movie on Amazon and worked hanging up yesterdays wash. I even spent some time sketching. I'm feeling motivated after visiting with my Dutch friend who is a professional artist as well as a professor in graphic arts. The day has been productive and best of all the sun came out.

I checked the movie schedules as well as the bus schedules and decided there was nothing I wanted to watch right now and public transit runs a very conservative route schedule time on Sundays. The buses run just once an hour on Route 217 and I'm sure the 47 Route is just a slow. As a rule I try not to go to the market on Sunday – – it just feels right a holdover from my youth – – I still have a great deal of salad but I'm running out of dressing ,Zesty Italian. I promised myself I would only spend cash  in my wallet and not use plastic. I have to admit I'm somewhat proud of myself by keep my promise even though I did some impulse purchasing. Two bottles addressing instead of one,one pear and here's what Ican really impulsed on, Tortino's pizza i.e. frozen pizza. A nice little frozen midsize pizza on sale for a $1.77! Back in the good old days Tortino's offered a fairly good sized frozen pizza for a dollar and if you're really lucky on sale $.75. They are perfect little individual pizzas at a perfect price. I would buy five of these is little guys on the weekend then eat one pie a night all week long. Many people hate these pizzas characterizing the crust as cardboard and I cannot mention their comments regarding the toppings. Me however I love the crunch of the crust and I love the ability to jazz up whatever minimal toppings are included with the pizza with my own toppings which I did tonight cheddar cheese, green peppers, chopped sausage, and onions all ingredients I had already processed from scrambled eggs I had made earlier in the week. Remarkably, and I set off the smoke detector and fire alarm only once. I figured this was going to happen especially when I opened the oven door to remove the pizza. I have my cell phone with me and it took a minute but I finally roused the resident advisor was asleep in her oversized chair who can turn off the alarms from her living room and cancel the arrival of the fire department who supposedly gets notified every time I set my alarm off.

I almost dumped the pizza when I put it in the oven and again on retrieving the superhot pie 21 minutes later amid a blaring of three different apartment alarms. I got the pizza out  and placed on my work area and cut up the pie with my rocker knife. I loved the pizza. I ate way more than I should have totally enjoying the flavor. What a treat? I did not need to go to the market I have perfectly good leftovers that I would love to eat. I'm still working on the spaghetti I made on Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes though just have to treat yourself to something different

No comments: