Monday, April 23, 2018

Mark's Art in the Park



About 10 years ago (See blog posts around 2008 or search "broadcast") I was involved in doing a program called Access Utah Now. Access Utah Now was a interview show I get almost weekly for about a year. I love doing this show. I would interview, usually, an executive director of one of the local private nonprofit agencies or programs or state programs which assisted people with disabilities are in some cases low income. The format was half hour show whenever I could talk to folks into coming to the office for an interview. We are very low budget of course I was the talent in my other operator was the technical side. The operator was Tory and she was great and when Tory quit I had our office executive assistant act as the technician. I used a program I found on the Internet which allows you to broadcast through your computer camera. I surprised myself and everyone else our staff at how many of us as I headed up broadcasting it was kind of a high point of my employment life actually. I even got an award from the state which I know is hokey and I forgot all about it until last week when I went over my resume I pulled out for the theater application for work.

Yesterday when I was in the park sketching enjoying the sunshine I begin pondering an idea which I thought might be fun. I was thinking I could do a broadcast/podcast about my life as it is these days not dissimilar to Meadowlarks Mind except rather than the written form the podcast would be of course video so maybe it would be a podcast is much videocast I don't know if that makes that much difference the point when the I would be broadcasting again. The technology has greatly increased for doing such an event. When we get a Access Utah with other cutting-edge using a laptop computer for the camera. The office actually got us a laptop specifically for a Access Utah. Nowadays you certainly can't use a laptop but you can also use your cell phone are your tablet which will provide good quality feed. I would just need some support to help with the project. I'm thinking that maybe drafting some of the folks here at the apartments to hold the camera if I should elect a do a broadcast. I suppose I could figure out a way to prop the camera/tablet in such a way to allow me to do the podcast. Oh, and the broadcasts are now called podcasts. Before I used a broadcast service called Ustream.tv. It was a remarkably simple operation and what I really liked was a catalog all of my broadcasts. The only bad part was after I'd stopped broadcasting I think they ended up dumping all my shows. Some people have told me the shows are still out there somewhere but I have not been able to find them and Ustream does not seem to have that either. It's not that I really want to watch any of these productions again except for amusement or to share with other people.

Don't know how seriously I'm going to pursue Mark In The Park but the project is something fun to think about and I will think about it. If not just for the summer to see where it goes…

No comments: