Friday, April 27, 2018

Clean Woman Blues



My home health person/my attendant care person was in today to do shower and toileting as she does every Friday. She looked around my place and asked if my clean person has flaked out on me… Again. I said yes and Dana my attendant asked if the reason was because of illness something other. I try to remember it was something like my thinking persons husband was home on the day scheduled for her visit and she asked if she could spend time with her husband and I of course said “yes”. My attendant was not being judgmental she was just commiserating with me because she is kind of searching for a home cleaning person but she reconsiders whenever she hears stories like mine. I know something needs to be done relatively soon. Last week one of the ladies who lives here(this is the same lady who led the attack on me last week about my beliefs on natural selection) at the apartment complex brought over some fried potatoes and she looked around my unit and quietly asked or suggested that she could get a couple of ladies together at the apartments to comment in “give me a hand” if I needed. No, I assured her I was just waiting for my cleaning lady. Still her attitude reminded me of when I lived in the house on Utahna drive and the neighbor across the street actually hired a lawn cutting crew to come in and mow my yard because my yard had not been cut in a couple of weeks. I was definitely receiving the same vibe.

I really like my cleaning person, I think we work really good together. I had people in my life coming into my home on a more regular basis… I mean visitors , people I cared how they felt about how I lived perhaps I be bit more stringent but as it is I know Cindy well, around eventually and I will have a clean or at least organized living environment. I knew when I engaged Cindy that she had some health issues indicating her frequency and commitment to times fixed maybe sketchy. What I really like about Cindy is that she used to be a CNA or personal attendant so she knows many ways that my needs are. I also feel comfortable in asking her for help (if I should need help in a CNA kind of way) and I could call on her and this means a lot to me. So it goes both ways I give her great latitude as she does me.

I'm going to drag out the vacuum cleaner at some point this weekend and go over the living room rug and pick up a little bit here and there. Straighten up my rack and for some dishes away. It's still about five days before Cindy is scheduled and I want to make sure my living environment is somewhat presentable. One never knows who is going to come knocking on the door and once these old ladies start talking then it's all over.



No comments: