Friday, April 06, 2018

Market Day



I have been putting off going to the market for little more than a week now. I usually do a better job of keeping items I use on a daily basis on hand then I have lately. I don't know in particular have but I have left grocery shopping slide. Little bit by little bit however, I have exhausted my green Chile and bean burritos, frozen tater tots, pickled jalapeno peppers, apples and bananas. I could've made it a couple more days and lived off and I still have in the refrigerator and in my pantry but nothing fresh. The weekend looks like a watch out with heavy rain tomorrow and possibly Sunday so I figured I want to have anything enjoyable to eat in the house/apartment I best do my shopping today so I saddled up and in the light rain powered my chair to the market.

I have learned that my market has just a few baskets. They like all of the markets used to have a lot a little bit by little bit customers have ripped the baskets off. I really enjoy these last baskets in the baskets make shopping so much easier for me. I was informed if you want to go at all the baskets were gone however that is not true. I've been informed that my go to the market if I talk to the checkers or customer service may well securely a basket from this – they have behind the customer service counter. I think of I find it just asked for it every time I I come shopping to this market. I was hoping at one time they would give me a basket that I would bring back and forth as I do my shopping but never happened. I even toyed with the idea of procuring a basket from another market/store. I have noted with some envy stacks of baskets sitting by check out not being used. I'm sure the market but not miss one basket especially for a good cause– – an adorable old guy in a powerchair. That of course did not happen. Today I got the basket from behind customer service and did my shopping.

I don't know if it's me but it sure seems that more and more of the items I shop for our being placed on the top of the markets shelves. No less than three items were on the top shelf today. The box is Sweet and low packets, spam, and bottle of. Mr. Clean multipurpose cleaner (specified by my housekeeper that she needed to do her job). I even tried to be compliant by asking a salesperson to assist me with these items I could not reach. I was informed she cannot leave her service area. I tried to find default shoppers walking by that I could wrangle into assistance they just weren't any. So I wandered up and down the aisles until I got to home cleaning utensils found a perfect mop which are used to knock down the materials I needed. The mop worked just fine.

I'm set. I even got spam (hickory smoked), a dozen more eggs (jumbo) apples (galas) bananas, tater tots and green peppers for meatloaf. So I do not care if it rains all weekend. I don't have to go out again until Tuesday when I got a whole day of meetings. I found a vein of movies on Amazon prime which is more than keep me occupied and out of trouble. I even got a family size bag of Ruffles potato chips – – which I definitely do not need a well enjoy. Who knows maybe I'll even use social media and chat.


No comments: