Friday, April 20, 2018

Silence Is Golden


I wish I were smarter and more self-controlled and a pretty long way from my outbursts of earlier todays. I've been pretty well from staying away from traps, verbal traps. I'm not saying what happened on Thursday morning was a verbal trap but I certainly got caught up in something. Maybe because it was Thursday and I had a lot going down yesterday all and I was anxious to put my face in to the group and be done with that and then out on the road to catch the bus northbound to find a pawn shop.

It was the regular Thursday morning coffee group. I was a little groggy having trouble sleeping the night before but not as bad as many times. I was doing pretty well keeping up with the chitchat going on with the ladies. I still don't remember the circumstances that led into this discussion but all of a sudden my was asked something which evoked a reply for me about supporting views of Charles Darwin and natural selection. Suddenly the conversation stopped at my table and two ladies who I think a great deal of turned to me and asked if I was joking ever sure I was joking because of there is there is no way I could support anything that evil as natural selection. In the ensuing minutes a very nice older immigrant northern Europe area gave testimony of her conviction Jesus Christ and that Charles Darwin was a emissary of the devil. Janet, good friend of mine that this group asked if I can explain to her why I felt the way that I did which I recognized as a setup for a Christian attack. Red flags went up everywhere inside my head. I immediately wanted to go for the throat but I held back trying to keep from being too combative. In doing so somehow Donald Trump came up in the conversation which again I nearly salivated and went to pounce as the European lady swore allegiance to the GOP monster. I attacked she supported the president and the rest of the ladies at the table who looked like deer in the headlights, began to join the conversation by pressing the unwritten rule that discussions of religion and politics were not welcome at the tables. I tried to refrain but the way just Sticking me with openings I cannot resist.

I hate these kind of discussions and I try not to be part of them but once I am drug in such a discussion I call for blood – my mean comes out, I want to hurt the person, I want to destroy the person. The moderator at the discussion, the plant from management just wilted and vanished into herself. What seemed like an eternity but was really just a few seconds passed we quickly found the trail back to middle land and got through the rest of the morning. The first chance I got a vanished and got out of my day try not to worry about the events of the coffee group. I noticed a strain today cruise around the common area. I have not run into Clarice or Janet. I don't anticipate any issues except for now Clarice is vowed to save my soul. I think sees saving my soul as her calling…

No comments: