Thursday, April 19, 2018

Words – Words – Words



The blog is dead. I heard this the other day on NPR not most direct words but essentially the same thing. The commentator was babbling on about how the concept of the blog is dying out because blogs are taking too long to read. I certainly can appreciate that got to the thinking about all the other platforms especially twitter: which used to regulate you to X amount of characters (I don't know if that's true any longer because I see a lot tweets out there want within 144 characters or whatever limit used to be). I guess this revelation does not really surprised me. Everything does seem to be condensing is just weird that's all.

For me the death of the blog does not faze me. I really do not have that many subscribers are followers probably no more than six and I think those of fallen due to boredom and or divorce. Again that does not bother me. I did not start writing my blog for recognition – – though the recognition would've been fun as narcissistic as they seem to be – – I developed by blog so I would have a platform to publish on. I really don't need to publish, well actually I do, I need to write. Something inside me wants me to write if I don't have an organ like Facebook I don't think I will write everyday and I need to write every day if I'm going to play like I'm a writer. It was hard to write everyday at first luckily I started when I was working and I had an hour every morning before the phone started ringing. That was when I stopped reading other people's blogs and began writing one of my own. I really have hardly told anyone that I write a blog. Sometimes I tell people I have a blog and they even visit my blog once or twice but then I think they become overwhelmed with the words, so many words. As those of you who read my blog with any regularity you know my goal is to write 500 words, at least, everyday. I try to do this I have well over 1000 posts to my blog in the secret I must tell you is that I am beginning to go over 500 words a on a regular basis. That's kind of exciting to me. Now, I need to really begin to extend my stride and begin writing fiction on a regular basis. How cool would that be?

I was able to unpack my resume from the PDF file that I downloaded yesterday. Big problem, the resume construction did not survive the unpacking so basically I have my resume on word are some other platform without proper formatting. So the next couple days I will spend formatting my resume. I may have somebody else just retype the resume, who knows?. My luck now is that I will get hired at the movie theater and really start working again which will suck to some degree now that I am writing. We shall see.

The blog may be dead but I doubt the blog form will ever disappear. Every post that a writer posts is a little part of themselves out on the Internet. Blog writers are narcissistic in nature they have to be why else would they spend their time writing and throwing their thoughts and feelings out in the ether for anyone to look at? The answer is publishing your blog meets a primal need in their/my Constitution that up until the Internet came along was almost impossible to fill. If nothing else my blog makes me feel like I am a writer and therefore me the blog will never die.

No comments: