Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tax day



Tax day today is tax day, actually tomorrow is tax day because the federal government has a glitch in their computer systems. Irregardless of tax day being today or tomorrow I'm not filing this year. I'm a little spooked, no question about it, but talk to at least three people who should know and they indicate that I don't need the file taxes as I have no earned income. What income I do receive has already been taxed I suppose Social Security and pension. This of course all makes sense to me but you know bureaucracies especially the federal bureaucracy with me a little uncomfortable but let's see what happens. Worst-case scenario I get fined and have to pay taxes. Even if I have to pay taxes can't be that much because I don't have that much zero from zero is still zero.

Snow fell during the night actually it was snowing when I went to bed last evening and it was still snowing this morning when I woke. Tuesday morning I wasn't sure if we would have a meeting at Assist, Inc.I was prepared to go in for the meeting as I see kind of excited to get out the foul weather wearing my foul weather gear but of course, David elected not to have a meeting and promises one for next Tuesday. It was like a snow day. I was out of school and I was going to make the best out of it. I was like waking up some of the time I got finished talking to David and visiting with Prof. Elshke in the Netherlands and by the time I got dressed the morning was nearly finished. I started my workout routine on the arm bike and then decided it had down to the moviehouse. I think I'm making it financially but just barely. I probably do better than that was too much work to figure it out. Either way I need to, I feel have a little more income. I've been toying with an idea for a few weeks now. Whenever I go to the movies a couple blocks from the apartments and always amazed at the ticket takers – – there either almost feeble or adolescent zombies. I always say to myself as I did find my tickets “I can do that”. So today I decided I was going to fill out an application for work at this moviehouse. I figure what the hell even if there's hardly any pay that's okay I understand from visiting with some of the movie staff they get to watch all the movies free and are not working. I figure even if I just got minimum-wage and a few hours a week I'll bet I can cover the cost of a little bit more home health care. I asked what seemed to be management there a theater for a resume he just handed me a brochure which indicated the company's website and set I needed to apply online. This of course makes sense and I will do so. I asked him if he thought I had a chance he rolled his eyes and gave me the “look around” look that said yeah, you have a chance.

Going back into a employment worries me a little bit especially having to be on my butt for sure and for a significant amount time not that I'm not now. It's just that it all changes when there's money involved. But seriously, the place just down the street. I use the bus to get there and back but I rolled numerous times. I'm dependable and not be willing to take shifts that may not be easy to fill as well as I could be back up to cover shifts at a moments notice. A phone call that I could be here at 10, 15 minutes plus I wanted to wear dorky company shirt.

No comments: