Sunday, April 08, 2018

Relative Confusion

Image may contain: food


Yesterday, Saturday, I made dinner for my week. I talked about how I made spaghetti. The spaghetti turned out pretty good.I cooked the spaghetti then been drained than transfer the noodles to a huge mixing bowl I found, which I a used to mix the spaghetti up with the marinara sauce. I let the concoction cool all evening and then packed everything all the spaghetti into a nice plastic box my older brother sent sent over a number of months ago full of food.

 Yesterday while I was cooking I received a text message from my cousin. My cousin who lives not far from me not far from me. Taylorsville. This is my cousin Scott, who owns and operates the Mechanic Man, a full-service garage Murray Utah, not far from where I now live.

Scott's grandmother is my Aunt Elaine. My aunt is old-school, from that segment of the US population were family matters. My mother and aunt Elaine were sisters both sharing the same philosophy. When my mother was alive she insisted that I take my vehicle to Scott primarily because Scott was family who would then be forced to give me a deal. When my mother died, aunt Elaine turned on the family mythology of if you have a private business you have to get deals your family.

Scott is my second cousin, Scott is my first cousins Jess and Judy's kid. Scott is like one of seven or kids. But I was driving my van and using Scott as my mechanic I think I wore my cousin out or more likely my mother and his mother what amount forcing him to work on my vehicle. I finally stopped taking the vehicle into his shop such in his frustration. But Scott and I are still cousins and I definitely appreciate Scott being in my life. Scott helped move me when Dianne and I broke up. I still have possessions stored in his holding lot. Scott and I will still connected by Facebook's and we chat, not regularly but we do stay in touch. I am totally amazed at how active Scott S with his family and doing family functions. I love watching his Facebook posts and all the neat things they do. Yesterday Scott posted is making Hulu hulu chicken and wanted to know if he can bring some over… Silly question.

I spent the morning trying to bring order from the chaos I created last night cooking the spaghetti and was more than pleased when I got up message from my cousin that he was bringing dinner over. Scott brought over the chicken of course but also rice, cauliflower and broccoli, homemade rolls and a deluxe homemade fruit salad of watermelon, pineapple and grapes. This was a feast the best part I still have chicken parts for at least two more meals. I still have the meal on my table giving fragrance to my entire apartment. I get the feeling that Scott thinks I'm his uncle, I'm old enough to fit that relative slot and it just feels right for me to be a uncle versus a second cousin. It's relative confusion, I understand that a dilemma often suffered in Mormon families. Whatever the breakdown am thankful for my family ties and occasional dinners.

No comments: