Monday, May 21, 2007

Bad Day????

I am having one of those days, a day where no one had better cross my path the wrong way. I don’t know what is making me feel this way, maybe the clouds or the rain which is drizzling or maybe the 55 degree temperature after a week of 80’s. I noticed the feeling of irascibility beginning to creep up in staff meeting which would never end. I was taking opposition to about everything which was being said, which was just plain stupid—I was even beginning to challenge my boss which is VER stupid indeed. The meeting finally got out at a quarter to twelve and I had a pile of calls to return.

It’s a Monday and Mondays are often heavy call day. People have traumas over the weekending and cannot wait for government type to get back into their offices. A call came in while in the midst of returning my calls. Actually I had a flurry of calls come in while a call I was working begin to go bad. I am sure the reason for the going down hill was me. I just could not disengage my negative feelings. Then another call came in while I was trying to stabilize the current call and somehow I dropped the call entirely. The guy called back and was ‘hot’ and Marrianne fielded the call and tried to diffuse the call. I don’t know how well Marrianne

did and did call the guy as soon as I had spoken with Marrianne and she had briefed me on her actions. I called my problem back but just got the fellows answering machine. I left a message and I’ll try one or two more times to try to get on better terms and see if I an assist the fellow.

The guy has a kid with disability and said he wanted to know about programs for the child then proceeded to want services for meeting his bills: utility, mortgage etc. I guess I just got pissed because I was trying to figure out how to answer the first question and he was really asking another question and basically using he child as the reason. I think I also was dealing with this weird emotional mine field I seem to be wandering through. This guy lives in one of he wealthiest counties in the State…and I am sure he is experiencing some very real emotional and financial stresses. I just need to wrestle down whatever emotional goblins, which seem to be loose and pull them under control.

Saturday the micro-wave stopped working and the first day to really try to replace the unit was yesterday. We stopped by our local Sears yesterday after noon an promptly found the micro-wave we wanted but when we went to purchase the unit they did not have the microwave just the floor model and they would not sell the floor model “company Rules”. We had major negations with the Sears folks who wanted to order the item in and would have the unit for us by Friday. However, we could not wait till Friday. I need the ‘nuker’ for my morning burrito. Long story short we had to go to another store to collect the microwave but we got it. It took both of us to get then bugger in the house. We finally got the microwave separated from the box and set up the cabinet when I started for the old micro to remove it I saw a small blue dot flashing. This blue dot was not there before an I hit a few buttons and the old microwave flashed to life. So now we have two.

1 comment:

riptideselkie said...

Hmm that's what my last friday was like. Hope today went better for you.Thanks for the text by the way! That was super cool. Hugs, Shelle