Saturday, May 12, 2007

A New Printer Kinda


Its way hot for this time of the year—probably just a little global warming. The snow is just about gone from the local mountains and the weather guys are ringing their hand casting dispersions on next years water supply. Our grass is dying or frying but not because we are deco concerned just too lazy or disabled to water. But this morning my neighbor had paid his kids to wash his SUV and pick up, my neighbors grass looks wonderful ad as I rolled round the neighborhood sprinks were churning away like 1958 when water and American autos were still abundant. No one cares. Actually I have been doing the war shower thing again: turn on a slow flow of water, lather and rinse all playing this game as if there were really water restriction in place. I heard somewhere this last week that people run twenty or more gallons of water just shaving or showering. Figure I could do both with five gallons of water or less. I would probably use more water if I did not have to hold the shower with my hand. I lay the shower down to soap or lather then the shower shoots all over the place, so I have to crank the volume way down and I guess this action conserves a little. But I don't do it because I am a nice guy.

This morning before the clouds moved in I ventured out to compUSA. I have been threatening to get printee to replace the one in the “big” computer room. Dianne does a lot of printing and has not been able to the past couple. I use a HP 5610, three in one, at the office. The machine been great copping, scanning and printing like a champ. I would like the same kind of capability at home

I really meant to get in and get out but before I knew it I was lost in isle of big screens watching three movies at one time:something with Nick Cage, Night at the Museum and Star Wars IV or something. I think I sat there for over a half an our staring at the screens like Central Utah hick in the big city. I finally tore myself away from the wide screens only to become trapped in the camera section wondering what it would be like ro have a real adult digital camera which cost more then 150.00. I soon realized I had been in this section for more then a half an hour when the third set of pimples stopped and asked if they could help me. I moved on and found the printer I wanted and rolled up to the check out and asked that someone get the printer for me. The pimple looked at me like I was speaking was speaking English and looked at his computer screen and said they were out of the 5610. I tried to be polite and assured him I had just come from the printer section and I had seen one on display. Of course the Jr. pimple got the senior pimple and all of us trooped back to the printer section. It took a while but I found the printer, it was the display printer and that was the reason the 5610 did not show up on their screen because this 5610 was their last 5610 and this 5610 was their floor, display model.

Brought the 5610 with a two year warranty ($29.00) and two ink cartridges. No box, no plastic wrap, just a dusty 5610, an envelope(sealed) full of documentation and a two year warranty. I just buying things.

No comments: