Saturday, May 05, 2007

Gone Gone the Ginger is Gone




Ginger is gone left yesterday shortly before noon. Dianne did a good job and thing letting the beast go. The poor little dog was just out of control and we were beginning to be mean to her because we could not keep up with Ginger. Ginger just needed so much more then we could give. Dianne is spending the weekend with the kids, BGA, at their cabin. If act Dianne was going to 'kennel' the pooch over the two nights at a cost of $60.00 so I would not have to deal with the dog driving me crazy. The extra cost was enough to drive Dianne to making contact with the local Vizsla Rescue folks and the actually came out immediately and whisked Ginger and her toys away. Dianne called me at work shed a few tears but got on with clearing away the messy evidence Ginger and cleaning the house. I think we will be able to get back to life now.

I took my two hours I earned last Saturday and got out of the office at 3:00 pm. When I got home I was in my power chair getting ready to exit the van when I accidentally backed into the back wall of the van I heard something 'crunch' I did not pay the noise much attention until I move my chair forward and the chair was dead. I reached behind and sensed key wire had come undone. I was actually parked in front of the house and called Dianne on my cell who came out and pushed me to the drivers seat after disengaging the clutches on the chair. I was tired and wanted to get in the house and spend sometime time with Dianne before she left but knew the Magic Rest, the place where I bought the chair and who take care of the power when things go wrong. Magic Rest is open till 5:30 om weeknights so I figured it was best to get the chair repair under way. I got to the shop about 4:15 pm . My main tech Josh, came out and, and quickly informed me that the harness had been damaged somehow but when Josh got another inserted and hooked up there was no sign of life. Josh blanched and indicated he would need to take the chair into the shop saying what ever was wrong with the device was going to take some real searching to repair and that I needed to contact my physician to get a script for the repair in hopes the my insurance would cover , what I am afraid may be an exorbitant repair.

So I got home and luckily Dianne and the kids had not left and Dianne brought me out my trusty manual wheelchair. I got in the house no longer then half an hour and my left tire literally exploded. A blow out! I have two manual wheelchairs and we were able to pull together two use able inner tubes. I should have gone out today and purchased two tires but did not get out due the rain and a long night of little sleep. Hopefully I'll last out the weekend. I have been listening to NPR all day, the rain and cloud cover have kept the temperatures and washing some dishes. It's been kind a nice.



No comments: