Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

Weekends go so fast its just not fair gut who said life is fair. Its been a good weekend though even though I spent it reading grants and doing Mothers Day stuff. We stayed up too late watching videos and sleeping in way too long and getting absolutely nothing done round the house except enjoying the doglessness.

We did Mothers Day at Bridge and Gabe's where they made coconut shrimp which was excellent. Dianne spent time with Aunakah and was able to reconnect with Bridget which was great. We spent a couple hours round the dining room table talking about her new job, which happens to be back downtown which means we can have lunches again. Then we talked about my job and the pressures I am sensing, which I have recently written about. I was quietly amazed at how I was able to open up and discuss some of the issues I am am sensing in my work place. We also discussed various TV shows we are following following right now and the time with Bridge was fun and made me miss spending time with her. We exchanged emails and will try to keep in better contact. Keeping in contact in a city the size of Salt Lake should not be that difficult.

I called my mom when we got home, a few minutes ago. Mom sounds great but tired. She had spent the afternoon at a picnic my brother hosted, outside fresh air and all that good stuff. She had heard from a couple of the kids who are out of state and had had a good day. The others she had not heard from I guess she writes off and accepts. Mom went to church earlier in the day so she had a long day. We cut the call short when we both started yawning and that was fine. I continue to write her once a week an she seems to enjoy the letters best. I think letters are the best way of accepting families on your own terms. Mom seems comfortable, safe and I sense surrounded by people who love her and have a chance to spend regular time with her, who have not had the chance to do so for some time.

What feels as too soon I am diving into my new week tomorrow. I have my Board Meeting Tuesday. I am not as ready as I could or should be but I am confident the meeting will pass without too much issue. The back to the planning of the Road to Freedom and the visit from the Russians after that. I realized speaking with Bridget that after I get finished with the Russians it will be the first week of August this Summer which has not even started well essentially be over. I had better start living living in the present.

No comments: