Friday, May 25, 2007

DIESLING


OTR DIESLING OUTSIDE MY WINDOW


A week from today the first event of my “Triple Crown Summer” well be behind me and I can focus on the next event the family reunion. I should have done more on this project but everything in its time. I was talking to someone at lunch and mentioned that I had just sent the information out to just who I have email address for which is pretty much the immediate family. This thought has got me thinking maybe that IS all I want at the event, just immediate family. Maybe I just did not want to spend the money of the postage and I don’t think cost is the reason. I think stamps like gas are high but if you want to send something you will cough up the two cents and send the document and even if the mail out to extended family would be just a dollar over last years price. Like buying gas, the cost is high but you just buy the gas and get on your way. So I may still get an announcement out but that will only give a month at the most of lead time. Mari Anne the office manager went to the post office a few minutes ago . I gave her a dollar ad she brought me back fifty 2 centers and these stamps should more then take care of older stamps I have laying round the house.

I have ninety minutes left in my day and I am just answering the phone. I should be working on minutes of two meetings and at least straightening out my desk before I leave for this long holiday weekend. The weather has finally turned round and the warm temperatures are back the long weekend holds promise. I am sure we will burn through the three days fast but free here the days look long and leisurely. I have a great book to finish and there are actually some good flicks at the free movie place and I can get to my wood shop and I have promised my self I am going to burn some meat one way or the other. I’ll try to take some image to chronicle the events probably more images of food.

The afternoon rumbles have began as the “home buses” pull in to wait for the evening commuters. Three or four huge over the road(OTR)s vehicles sit out side my window and “diesel” till the crowds show up and board. When those guys roll in I know the time for going home draws neigh.

Another hour and I am on my way home. I need to check round the office to be sure I have coffee grounds dumped and the new coffee make turned off and to do the door check to make sure tings are locked and secure. Aren’t I JUST CUTE, the way I act responsible when I am left in charge? I actually at least one of the staff kind of resents the fact that I keep being left in charge when the boss leaves. She keeps zinging me with these little passive aggressive comments highlighting the fact that I am the chosen one. Oh well, that’s what happens when you consistently show up for work.

No comments: