Monday, May 07, 2007

The Usual



With no other alternative I brought my manual chair into work. I am thankful for this wheelchair and it works just fine when I am not using my power wheelchair at the house but really this chair is a real dog. The cushion I was using in the chair has been leaking for some days and the cushions usability as far as comfort and protection from pressure sores has become questionable at best. This morning I dug through my junk closet as I got ready for work and found an old air cushion which might work for a while if I have to use this chair for very long. There is always the option of contacting the folks at the Independent Living Center to see if they have any spare power chairs to use. However I am not to that point as yet.

So if the proceeding was not bad enough I get in the manual chair I am pushing today and realize I have bulges in both tires, one bulge is ready to burst any second meaning I am going to have to get out and get some new rubber on this baby ASAP. Hopefully Magic Rest will have found a simple solution to the broken chair. I finally got hold f Magic Rest and true to form nothing has been done on my power chair. I asked regarding the tires for my manual wheelchair an I was told the tires would be $16.00 a piece!! This is grand theft as well as extortion!! So I am having the Administrative Assistant pick me up a set of tires from the Independent Living Center who sells the same tires for $6.00 a piece and a meatball sub.

No comments: