Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Turtle Time



Turtle time—that is what I call the period of time at my office when the tension becomes so over bearing that I just want to hunker down in my office and let the verbal bullets fly, hopefully over my head. Tension has been building in the office all week and seemed to explode this morning. My office is one door down from the bosses and even though the doors to the boss’s office I can still pretty much hear everything that is said if one or more or of the discussion participants are yelling. The fighting has gotten so bad that I m having to spend couple hours a day just settling my weepy par-time partner down.

Then the doors open and the staff come out and everyone acts like nothing has happened. The whole elephant in the living room trick, if no one talks about the issue the issue does not exit. The trouble is I LIKE both combatants; both or good competent people and I literally, quite often, get caught in the middle.

Its turtle time.

No comments: