Friday, May 11, 2007

Busy

I am slammed and I feel I am going to be slammed all summer long. I don’t know how I am going to manage all I need to do and do tasks acceptable. But I am going to try. The past two days I have been prepping for my quarterly board meeting and the Freedom Tour and trying to finish up the last of my grants for the meeting on Tuesday. Actually I really need to have al the grants read by Monday so I ca mail the results over to the staff support so she well have all the stats in line for the Tuesday meeting.

I took Vacation yesterday 8 hours to stay at home and help with cleaning the garage, or start the project. I took this time because I had asked Mark a to come over an assist. I advised him I would watch Jasmine if he needed me to. Mark and Jasmine came over at 1:00 and we started. I took one look at the garage and I was overwhelmed. Dianne and Mark pushed forward though and even though the outside temperatures are unseasonably hot they kept the task until 4:00 when Mar had other commitments. I spent the time playing with Jasmine and keeping her entertained. She was a doll and very little problem. I was exhausted by the end of the day though—too much heat. But I did get a lot of sun bringing my color up and getting me conditioned for the summer.

Wednesday evening I was able to pick up my power chair. The chair was fixed and I was dying in the manual. I planed electronic tag all day with my MD an the shop making sure I got the appropriate signatures for the job to be covered by insurance. I finally got them done and I am going again. Now I think I need to get another cushion soon to keep my butt going strong. Sorry, I am sure no one wants to know about my butt.

Today was my DDS(Disability Determination Service)meeting. This is a lunch meeting , so it is a meeting I take more serious then the rest. I am also the Chair ( chairperson of this meeting) no pun intended. I was talking with one of my chronics this morning and realized I had only twenty five minutes to grab my things roll up to the train and get the train I need to cross downtown and get over to 600 east area of town. I actually made the trip and getting to my meeting just five minutes late—they were still working on introductions when I rolled in. I was a little harried but not too bad for a zoom trip. The lunch was Hispanic and the subject matter was fairly interesting, and I was able to keep awake through the remainder of the meeting. I took the long way back to the office enjoying the afternoon’s heat and my functioning power chair. I stopped in at a couple of sites for the Road to freedom tour exhibit. I just wondered through the city coming back to the office.

No comments: