Sunday, November 18, 2007

Doubts

My lap top has been ailing for some time. I call my lap top Colossus from the 70's television movie about two computers which take over the world. My PC then is name Guardian—any way Colossus has picked up a couple of viruses and other things along the way and now is always being hijacked and is just plain slow. After Mark brought Guardian back to life last week and now have two working systems. I realized it was time I needed to re-install the operating system on Colossus and give the unit a new life. I have not done this yet because I would need to back everything up and this has been intimidating. Mark just looked at me and said “come on dad it's time. Get yourself a USB hard drive and just do it.”

Inspired by Mark's words I checked a couple of places yesterday and finally purchased a 250 GB Free Agent Drive by SeaGate. I figured 250 is big enough for my back-up needs. I brought drive home and last night I began backing up my ` laptop, the process is a bit timely but have backed images,music, and videos files everything else will either be reinstalled when I 'nuke' Colossus or I will install as I need the applications opting to use new up-to-date version of the software lost.

I started reading my XP Home book and I'm a bit more confident still what if I screws everything up...

No comments: