Monday, November 26, 2007

I just Want My internet

As I approached the train station this morning for my ride into work I could see the electronic Time and Date read outs were flashing and displaying wrong time and date . “ This is not good.” I thought to myself, but a train had just passed a few minutes earlier so I knew the trains were running and I hoped, on schedule. This could be a “Black Monday”. It is being called “Cyber Monday” from the Christmas shopping angle would it not be interesting if there was a huge cyber crash today ?

I killed my laptop last night—actually I just killed the resident personality when I finally took the step and formatted the hard drive and of course I pretty much lost everything. I may even have lost the material I had backed up on the external drive I got last week! I was naïve thinking an easy format was possible. I seem to have lost my USB ports so I will be reloading software I can find or down loading drives off the INTERNET to try to make my laptop useable again. Oh yeah I also lost my router connection on my laptop which means no NET connection. So I cannot down load the software I will need until I am back up. I just hope I can get my hands on the CD Rom I need to find the connection.

I found this morning, on returning to work, interviews for Marianne’s position are to be Wednesday and Thursday: ten applicants and I shall be proctoring either the computer competency part of the interview or the writing portion of the interview. The only drawback is I have a lunch meeting with old staff members at 1200 at McgGraffs across the street. It’s pre-holiday lunch. The last interview of the morning is over about 11:30 ad the next is 1:30 so I think I can fit a quick lunch in there safely. It looks to be a busy week.

No comments: