Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fall Daze

Its a beautiful Fall afternoon. A gift. A warm blustery day as a front is pushing it self in with falling temperatures and the promise of rain for tomorrow. I am alone today and tonight. Dianne is at the cabin with Auni Bridget and Gabe. I don't go to the cabin, especially in the winter because the cabin is two hours away, with copious amount of snow and most of all not wheelchair accessible. I am a homebody I guess—which might not be fair to Dianne who spends most of her time at home during the week. I am glad the kids take her to the cabin so she can have a change in venue.

I spent a major part of the afternoon next door visiting with Al and Lanae, outside on their driveway. The visit was great and I am afraid it may be the last for a while as the inclement weather moves in. This saddens me a bit but such is the cycle of life and the seasons.

The wind has been brisk enough to assist many of the trees in our neighborhood dispatch the last of their leaves. Our plum lost most of its leaves leaving a rich red carpet on our lawn. Down the street there are patches of brilliant yellow under other trees and orange under yet others. The house is quiet, I turned off NPR a few minutes ago and the hum of the lap top keeps me company. I need to spend some time in the computer room working on Guardian, my big system but other then that this has been a quiet holiday Saturday along,, again, naturally.

1 comment:

Meadowlark's Mind said...

Thanks I'll check it out. Thanks for writing...Meadowlark