Sunday, January 04, 2009

Baby Its Cold Out There!

It’s cold today very cold, you know the kind of cold that keeps on from going out. The clouds moved out and open blue sky just invited the temperature to plummet as far as it could. The sun does little, unless coming through a window on the south side of the house. There I can sit, doze even fold clothes if so motivated and think about the new week/year beginning at work to tomorrow. Yesterday or the day before I crept into my work email and caught up a little on the week of work I just missed. The boss is calling for a couple hour staff meeting, Tuesday prepared with a list of new year goals and things to consideration. In years past when I had read these type of email, the email would just about ruin my holiday. However, I have learned to really use this time to actually set some goals. Rather then using this goal setting behaviors as a way to punish, the boss really supports and helps me achieve the goals I set for myself. I have learned not to go overboard too as well as if I set a goal make the goal something I like to do and something which is fun to do too. I think I will work on my projects growth and development—maybe this year try to raise some money or get some equipment donated for my broadcast project. So what used to set a small terror inside me now end up being something which might even be considered as fun. I just hate being off the phones for at least the two hours this staff meeting is scheduled for at the present time.

So feelings I have had which were pensive at best are now feelings of excitement. I have things to look forward to. One and maybe major for 2009 is the new power wheelchair which I hope will be approved soon. I have made some adjustments and trade offs and I think I have come in with a chair which will offer me the speeds and protections I feel I can live with at a price which feels like something I can handle. Even if the chair was approved tomorrow( which I doubt) I would not get the vehicle until sometime in March at the earliest. The chair I am using on loan from the Center is meeting my needs and should see me through this winter. I have some great ideas for people to interview for the broadcasts I will be doing this year and who knows where this project will go. So this could be one of my best years ever. Hey I think I am getting excited.

Dianne just laid a list on me of things she need from the market, and Anakah just called looking to escape the confines of her place for the totally open opportunities she has at grandma’s.she will be here at two and sounds like they are going to bake. So I will go mount my power chair and head out into this cold Sunday afternoon, suddenly not so cold after all.

No comments: