Saturday, January 10, 2009

Doubt

Dianne dropped the van off at the cousin’s on Tuesday and there it stayed the rest of the week. I purposely did not even think of the van being thankful that I had the ‘loaner’ chair from the Center, and the huge white ‘rapper’ jacket and the train to get me back and forth from work. Luckily I had done the shopping last Saturday. Dianne got stranded durning thr snow storm on Monday but after that with the van gone she was OK to stay home and wait for the repair. On Wednesday after I am beginning to get nervous since I have not heard a word from Dianne of the Cousin so I call and find they have not really looked at the vehicle yet but they were sure to “get it in and would have something for me on Thursday.” When I called Thursday it was very close to the same discussion except they had looked at the van by then but really could not find anything wrong but they were going to take it out on the Interstate and “shakeit down” and see what they can find. Again, all this is cool since I am doing great with the power chair, the snow has finally stopped and high pressure is building. I should be just fine

Its funny when I have the van I really don’t go anywhere except for shopping and other events I cannot get out of. I hardly do of anything elective. But as the morning at work on Thursday( Thursday Friday since I am a State worker), Chapman asked me a couple of times what I going to do on the weekend and each time I would actually telling her something Dianne and I might do or something that we might like to do only to be jolted into reality by the memory that I am not doing anything since I don’t have a vehicle the runs. We are staying in and at best watching cable/direct tv.

Friday morning, yesterday, broke with blue skies and sunshine. I felt pretty good. We made a great ham and egg breakfast and I cleaned up and got ready for the day. I finally called the Cousin for the news and get this the cuz and his minions could find nothing wrong with the van! The battery is charging just fine and everything else, except for a leak here and there ( which I already knew about). “So just watch the vehicle and call us when and if the behavior shows itself again. So I suited up and drove my power chair down to the shop where we had the discussion all over again, with my interjections of what happened and the frustration of know the behavior would happen again at the least opportune time. How can these people say this when I am sitting there writing out a check for nothing. The tow truck was $55.00 and the examination was $45.00 a hundred buck for nothing and you know what I know I am going to get to so it all again. For the record I think I am losing or have lost my alternator. I just hope this comes out the next time and I get a vehicle I can depend on.

No comments: